Does anyone think that linux is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEATH-INCARNATE

In Runtime
Does anyone think that linux is good in terms of games and other stuff because i am getting tried of microsoft xp and the problems that microsoft gives me.

i think that windows xp is beter than linux but i have never seen or used linux ever.

so help about this issue will be good.

thanks
DEATH INCARNATE.

Linux is not good for running and playing games. But it KICKS ASS for hosting them. Most of the best LAN parties that i go too use linux to host their games and most games have a linux server program.

While we are on the topic of games in linux, does anyone know how to use wine for running games...
I got it to work for half life but it just doesn't seem to work for other games...

Linux is very stable to become server, but 4 gaming, a lot of games not support it.

There are too many compatibility issues with linux and games. Someone tried to come out with LINdows to fix this issue, but he kinda gave up on that. I agree that Linux is good to run on a server. Some people say that Linux was made for gaming, but I haven't seen any support for it. Ohh ya if any knows any games that you can run on linux (and are any good) give me a shout.

there is a UT2k4 for linux i know, and there was another site with lots of games for linux. i will try to find.

[edit] tuxgames.com
they also have MOH:AA, RTCW, and some others
and i just noticed it also lists doom 3 coming soon

Linux is OK, but it doesn't offer the compatibility that Microsoft does, making finding compatible games quite a hassle.

Personally, I like sticking with stuff that I KNOW is professional enough to work with everything and give me some of the best stuff possible, so I'm just gonna stick with Win XP until the new Windows Longhorn OS emerges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom