Does anyone get gaming magazines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I have been considering getting a subscription to either pc gamer or game informer since it is fairly cheap.

$20 for a yearly subscription to either one. However, Game Informer offers a 2-year subscription for only $25, and I can't seem to find something like this for pc gamer. I would kinda rather have pc gamer though because of all the hardware stuff though. Game informer is soo much of a better deal though.

Does anyone subscribe to either of these that would have some input that would help me decide? Also, I am in college, so would I be able to change my mailing address multiple times throughout my subscription?

I use to get PC Gamer and CGW. CGW not longer prints and I just pickup a copy of PC Gamer at Wal-Mart here lately.

Gaming magazines can be cool and fun to read, but I don't like to pay for them. I have relatives that buy me subscriptions, and they usually don't have anything in them I can't find online somewhere. If I were you, I'd save my money.

I actually have a subscription to both PC Gamer and Game Informer. I like Game Informer more, but I believe that to be because I console game more than I PC game. PC Gamer is good, it has a hardware/tech section every month, and also has their preferred builds. Game Informer doesn't do too many PC games however. I would suggest PC Gamer if you're looking for a magazine that is more focused on PC gaming.

I know you can find all the info in them online, but since it is so cheap, I figured it would be nice to have all the info right there. I would definitely go with pc gamer if game informer didn't have the better deal an more game coverage since consoles get more exclusives. You guys think I should go with pc gamer anyway?

I really liked Game Informer when I was subscribed. It's a good magazine. I still read PCGamer. I stopped reading Game Informer because I stopped playing consoles as much as I used to. If you play consoles I would think Game Informer would be the way to go.
I also realize that you can find anything you want online but I just hate reading on my monitor. I can't sit down and read an article like I can in a magazine.

I used to subscribe to OXM, but that was when Halo 3 was coming out. I enjoy reading gaming magazines, pick them up every once in a while. I want a subscription to a few listed above, but money's a little tight, and I can just find most of that online somewhere.

love mags... oxm and pc gamer subscriber for years actually. I am a former game informer subscriber. PC gamer and OXM FTW for sure. They come with disks :D that you can kill 10 minutes of your life with. Sometimes more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom