does anyone else find it kinda lame...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSXmike

In Runtime
that bf2 doesnt have a CO-OP mode?

playing online with people is fun and all... but sometimes.. me and a few friends like to go up against bots...

it is lame, but im sure that EA/DICE will release a coop patch at some point. But i agree, its the principle of the thing...

EA? Release Patches? Free extra content? ;)
No, I'm just joking, it might happen, otherwise they're saving it for an expansion pack.

actually i just stumbled upon a way to make a co op mode of your own

and to add more than 16 characters in single player...

and... to unlock all the weapons in single player...

yay :D

sure....

** Starting a CO-OP game **
We know that co-op works after a fashion and that there's two ways for people to join...
Using Offline Account: host starts local multiplayer map, clients select the game but do not join, host quits map and loads a single player game, once loaded, clients join the game. This provides the connection information about the server. (this appears to be the only way to start a co-op game on a non-internet connected LAN)
Using Online Account: Host starts single player game, makes note of IP, clients connect via IP address on the JOIN INTERNET tab. Host can still use offline account, but in order to use the JOIN INTERNET tab, clients must use an Online account

** My weapons won't unlock when I play co-op **
Well, we've already determined that you're running offline and not worried about connecting to ranked servers. So your only present option would be to use the unlocks edit. It's been detailed ad-infinitium on the internet, but edit the file %BF2 Dir%\python\bf2\stats\unlocks.py and change the line defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0] to
defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]. I do feel kind of bad using this hack, but until the single player allows you to get some medals and bonuses, this is all you have.

** Adding Bots, changing names, and changing difficulty **
Bot numbers and AI can be set by modifying the AIDEFAULT.AI in %BF2 DIR%\mods\bf2\AI file (the file contains instructions on how to do this, open it with notepad or wordpad, there are 4 "REM"d lines that give a sample of 32 bots with Expert AI, copy it over the 3 lines previous and remove the REM). ALso in the same dir is the botname.ai... For fun, I replaced all the names in the file with some of my own choices. Sure, having R.Lopez and C.Rodriquez back you up isn't bad, but it's much more entertaining to have Winston. Churchill in a shoot-out with Keanu. Reeves. (Just make sure the names are valid... until I put a space after the period, the names wouldn't show up). Something I've discovered about modding the AIDEFAULT.AI file... The default value for difficulty seems to be basic (0.4) The example shows the value for Expert (1.0). So if the scale is from 0.1 to 1.0, but there's only 3 values in the interface, presumably the value for veteran is 0.7. This seems to work. On 0.4, the bots will not attack you if you aren't in their field of view... Shoot one and they turn around and start firing back. On 1.0 they are noticeably more "aware". They tend to do a better job of attaching C4 to a tank, as well as effective use of the airplane.

thanks to the battlefield2 forums... go figure eh... :cool:

Heyyo,

That's cool.. but note, don't use the weapon unlocks onna online account.. I remember reading that ea will be terminating accounts that have this hack.. plus, the bonus weapons aren't all too great. Medics get the obvious improvement, the rest are either minimal or worse (anti-tank and engineer are the 2 main ones for actually lowering your odds of surviving unless you're inna hella small map...)

People are now working on getting bots into 32 and 64 player maps. Lots of people report it sucessfully working but freezes after a couple of seconds. I bet it's due to the lack of waypoints on them. So yeah people, we're gonna need to wait for some patches or when they release the map editor/sdk...

Thanks for the coop mode, I'mma definately do that. I'm sure you could connect straight to ip, I'm gonna have to try this with a bud! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom