display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Is this on a fresh install of Windows? Yes.
You have gone to the Nvidia website and are using the latest WHQL drivers, not the ones that came on the CD? I am using the latest.
Are all background programs closed? No.

Have you monitored load temps while gaming? Yes. I downloaded MSI afterburner and turned the fan to 100% to see if it had anything to do with overheating. The hottest it got was maybe 53 degrees.

Depends sometimes its a minute sometimes it'll be five. It does it very rarely when I don't have anything up int he backround. Could it be I don't have enough ram?

No, because it wouldn't cause the display to crash. If it does it rare when you have nothing else going on then it could very well be something in the background not playing nice with the drivers. I just went through that crap myself.

Figure out what program is causing your driver crash or try rolling back to a previous driver version like I said previously.

The last thing you can do is making absolutely certain it's the card, which is using MSI Kombustor or Furmark to see if the driver crashes then. Like I said before, if it's a factory overclocked card it could be unstable which would warrant you tweaking the volts, downclocking, or RMAing.

I just ran several tests with Kombuster and no crashes. So I guess it's a good thing for my cards sake but what else could it be?

That game appears to be having a ton of issues randomly crashing. I would send in a support ticket to see if you're the only one.

If you play any other games for long periods of time without crashing then odds have it the game is just poorly coded and you'll have to wait until they fix it, or tell you how to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom