Digital Distribution: What Service Is The Best?

Which DD service do you use?

• I use Steam.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use D2D.

• I use Stardock's Impulse.

• I use Good Old Gamer.

• I don't use DD services. Retail for me.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zythyl

In Runtime
I have converted to the way of DD and no more taxes - yay! Anyone else followed the true path? Which service do you use? If you don't, why do you still buy retail?

Thanks for the input!

Same opinion as poizen. I use steam mainly, its fast as all heck, auto updates everything, can also be used to keep in touch with others, since I hate having a billion different things, like xfire, msn, steam Etc..
D2D Isn't as fast as steam, and you have to manually update the games.

nothin beats having a hard retail copy of a game though. As long as its on DVD and not 5 cd's.
Having to update from scratch every time after an install kinda sucks though. game depending. Sucks with mmo's i guess. Any other game doesn't get several GB worth of updates after a couple years.
And I'm way too lazy to drive 15 min to EB.

Steam. Steam auto patches, you can chat to everyone, it's got great features - downloads really fast, manages your games. It's awesome, also - Valve are by far the best company for updateing there games. You'll get an update for there game's every month, even weekly sometimes.

However as of lately it has been down more than usuall - but not much, probably just maintenance. The game's are pretty cheep, also.

I too use and love Steam.. However I have nothing against Stardock, just nothing I really want there (my copy of Sins is retail) although I will be buying the little expansion via their service. I dislike D2D since I find their prices to be high on several product and most of the game I would buy from them I could also get on Steam. GoG doesn't even belong on this list since they specialize in old games which is really a separate market from the more contemporary offerings of the other distributors.

I mainly use Steam, but I have purchased a couple games from D2D and it's been a good experience too. Steam is the way to go though simply for what has already been mentioned--ease of use and integration of patching, community, store, mods, etc.

If I'm paying for a game, I want to actually receive some form of product, which is why I buy retail. If I buy a game digitally I feel like I was ripped off, since I don't believe in intellectual rights.

...but yea, I just like the boxes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom