Dial up gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack_the_pwner

Baseband Member
i have 56k aka dialup and i play online games. and i lag prety bad my pings gets up to 900 sometimes and i cant DSL or cable where im at...so do you know any way i could lower my ping?

you can't....it's data being sent to and from your computer based on your internet connection...besides getting faster than 56k theres nothing you can do

you can always get satellite internet, but thats VERY expensive, thats the only thing u can do to lower ping, until dsl or cable comes in your area.

Actually, satellite ping is higher than dialup because of the distance the signal has to travel. However, download speeds are much greater on satellite. See if you can find a Fixed Wireless service in your area. These are pretty common and are pretty good about getting broadband to areas where cable or DSL don't.

zack_the_pwner said:
i could lower my ping?
Don't Down Load Pron or WaReZ while you are playing. In fact, turn off all other online services. Eg. MSN, ICQ, Windows Updates.

Connect to a closer game server.

Change to another game that is not much of a whore on your bandwidth.

I'm running dialup and everygame blows for me. I don't care how fast your dialup online gaming for you is just going to suck and suck for the people your playing with. I've lived with it to long and had Satelite too. Satelite is worse for gaming. Just wait for cable/dsl or until something new is coming out or simply just don't game. I've been broadbandless for the past 3 years and I've been dreading every day of it. For me having a computer like I do and no broadband its almost pointless to have a comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom