DIABLO III vs. WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anphrax said:
It sounds like Diablo is older than you are my friend... do not doubt the great Diablo! Warcraft and Diablo. Thats the combination that started blizzard in the first place. Blizzard recently released the 1.11 patch 6 years after Diablo 2 was released! This patch introduced a lot of new things which makes many believe thier working on some sort of a sequal.

Watch and wait.....

definetley true... IMO diablo 2 is one of the greatest games ever. i got addicted to that game longer than any game ive ever played.. i still play it today!! it just never gets boring for me. if diablo3 comes out.. and theres no fee.. i would buy it 100%

Honestly, I see where you are all coming from with the Diablo 3 MMO stuff, but I played Diablo 2 because it's an adventurous game thats not FPS, not RTS, and certainly not MMO. I play alot of FPS, RTS, and MMO aswell, dont get me wrong, I like MMO's (Guild Wars, WoW), FPS (Counter-Strike: Source, Call of Duty 2, Quake 4), and RTS (Warcraft III, Starcraft, Age of Empires III), but MMOs are addicting, RTS is the same thing over and over, FPS is just run and kill. RTS, FPS, and MMO games are all fun Online. When I first started Diablo 2, I had no internet. Diablo 2 not only is fun online, but single player aswell, which is why I say stick to the classic formats.

When Blizzard released World of Warcraft, their first MMO Project, I was thrilled because I was eager to know what happens after the Warcraft III Storyline, but I was disappointed. The online play is incredible, and fun, but it's so incredibly large (and larger by each update), that the game became addicting.

I've wrote alot there, but overall what my point is:
Diablo = Strategy
Warcraft & Starcraft = RTS

If Blizzard wanted to make an MMO and an FPS so badly, they could have easily made a new series of games, instead of converting the fun games into different types. In my honest opinion, they ruined Warcraft for me. And judging on how Starcraft: Ghost turns out, that might ruin Starcraft for me, unless Blizzard announces a Starcraft 2 RTS announcement. Thanks for listening.

FleazZz I see what you are talking about, however now that you got me thinking about it a FPS diablo 3 might be kind of cool. Imagine being able to teleport in a truely 3d enviroment, so for example you could teleport upwards onto other areas and things like that. It would be cool if it was possible to do that for all the characters (dont know how whirlwind type spell would work). They also would need to keep the atmosphere diablo style, so it's somewhat dark and taunting, while somtimes it can be a jungle. Just no super sunny happy areas.

I heard a rumor that they wern't going to ever make a d3 simple because they have no storyline for it, the rumors probably a fake though. Did anyone even really care what the d2 story line was?

Rundat said:
they both suck, both of them are life drainers

LOL!!! yea thas true i dont see whats so good about wow i got addicted to it for 2 weeks and then just got bored of it i barley even play the game now

There are still tons of people playing D2. I've owned D2 for about.... 3 or 4 years now and I just recently picked up WoW in hopes it would be something similar to D2 and it to be addicting as people say it is. I was really disapointed and the item set up, just damage, hardly any bonuses, just stat bonuses where as Daiblo there was +block rate/casting rate/chance to hit/defense/enhanced damage ect.... And the training aspect of paying money, I admit in diablo no one traded money, mostly because you could go out in ****, kill a quill rat and get 500g just for that. But with the actual paying money to get new skills..... I dont like it. And the killing monsters to level has lost its purpose. Once you hit the 20+ levels in WoW you have to rely on quests to gain your experince, just beacuse you cant take on 2 monsteres that are 2 levels higher than you. In diablo I remeber popping into the cow level/durance of hate with my java zon, tossing lightning fury at a group of 30+ monsters that are atleast 5 levels higher that me and having them all die and moving on to the next group, whereas WoW I gotta spend 30 seconds killing some monster that is 3 levels higher than me and losing 75% of my health, and while I sit there eating, some other monster pops up and makes short work of me. And the whole aspect of "agro" where you spend half the battle thinking on how you can only pull 1 monster out at a time to avoid drawing *gasp* 2 monsters at the same time. I think Diablo 3 would dominate WoW if it followed the D2 path.

Fireheart said:
There are still tons of people playing D2. I've owned D2 for about.... 3 or 4 years now and I just recently picked up WoW in hopes it would be something similar to D2 and it to be addicting as people say it is. I was really disapointed and the item set up, just damage, hardly any bonuses, just stat bonuses where as Daiblo there was +block rate/casting rate/chance to hit/defense/enhanced damage ect.... And the training aspect of paying money, I admit in diablo no one traded money, mostly because you could go out in ****, kill a quill rat and get 500g just for that. But with the actual paying money to get new skills..... I dont like it. And the killing monsters to level has lost its purpose. Once you hit the 20+ levels in WoW you have to rely on quests to gain your experince, just beacuse you cant take on 2 monsteres that are 2 levels higher than you. In diablo I remeber popping into the cow level/durance of hate with my java zon, tossing lightning fury at a group of 30+ monsters that are atleast 5 levels higher that me and having them all die and moving on to the next group, whereas WoW I gotta spend 30 seconds killing some monster that is 3 levels higher than me and losing 75% of my health, and while I sit there eating, some other monster pops up and makes short work of me. And the whole aspect of "agro" where you spend half the battle thinking on how you can only pull 1 monster out at a time to avoid drawing *gasp* 2 monsters at the same time. I think Diablo 3 would dominate WoW if it followed the D2 path.

i 2nd that exactly :)

p0werslave said:
If they are going to make a D3, stick to diablo, don't change the game too much or it won't be diablo.

yea.. i mean. blizzard obviously did something right with the first 2 diablos... so why change the formula??

Hmm...im thinking if Diablo III is a mmo, it could draw customers from Dungeons and Dragons Online, and if they made a MMO from Starcraft, it would take customers from EVE Online.

Wow. Then Blizzard would be RICH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom