DIABLO III vs. WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Here some thing that came to mind while in Barren Chat today......

DIABLO III - One of many Blizzard's Vaporware. With the success of WOW, do you think that ....
* Blizzard would be interested in continuing this project. Face it, with 4 MILLION Players raking in $60 MILLION per month.
* And current players, would they still be interested in playing some thing that is a small as Diablo

The only way that I see DIABLO being a success is if it's going to be some some sort of MMO.

they could really turn diablo into a huge mmorpg if they wanted. i played D 1 on ps1, and i used to run a 90 lv barb on D 2 online. great hack and slash game. it already has a fair story line, and plenty of existing skills, armor, weapons, and enemies. i say why not? though if they were they should do it right, no half butting it.

It sounds like Diablo is older than you are my friend... do not doubt the great Diablo! Warcraft and Diablo. Thats the combination that started blizzard in the first place. Blizzard recently released the 1.11 patch 6 years after Diablo 2 was released! This patch introduced a lot of new things which makes many believe thier working on some sort of a sequal.

Watch and wait.....

Well actually not to long ago they anounced that they got 5 million players so they are bringing in $75 million dollars a month. I would love Diablo to be MMO, even if it wasn't considered MMO (which is 64+ players) I would still go buy it as long as they don't charge 15 bucks a month.

Rumors arent fun unless there the truth, in which case they aren't rumors anymore... uhh wait :D

If they make a Starcraft MMO...i will go insane with rage. Starcraft is my single favorite game of all time, and I want to see a next gen RTS set in the Starcraft Universe.

They'd have to make sure it wasnt lame like WoW is. Stick to what made d2 so great I say, which is this.

1. Items have variable stats. So some uniques may be better then others that are the same kind (IE a 352% grandfather sword vs a 400% one). Also random items have generated attributes. One of the things I hated most about WoW was the lack of truely unique items, there wasnt any really.

2. Massive combat, fighitng 1-4 things at once sucks. They need to keep it like D2 where there could be 50+ guys on you at times.

3. No more being weak. fighting one monster should not be a 20 second battle, you should be able to get strong enough to plow through most stuff like butter.

4. NON boring pvp. What the **** is this you cant talk to the other horde crap?? The best thing about d2 was being able to talk trash and insult others and be a complete *******. Not only that you should be able to hostile anyone, no more horde type stuff (provided you hostile them in a town or something).

5. NO LONG TRANSPORTATIONS, spending 20 mins to get across a world in a video game is just lame. Waypoints FTW.

Overall I think d2 should be like WoW but for people with ADD. I hate waiting, or being forced to get a group, and only fighing a few things at a time.

Mr_Threepwood said:
They'd have to make sure it wasnt lame like WoW is. Stick to what made d2 so great I say, which is this.

1. Items have variable stats. So some uniques may be better then others that are the same kind (IE a 352% grandfather sword vs a 400% one). Also random items have generated attributes. One of the things I hated most about WoW was the lack of truely unique items, there wasnt any really.

2. Massive combat, fighitng 1-4 things at once sucks. They need to keep it like D2 where there could be 50+ guys on you at times.

3. No more being weak. fighting one monster should not be a 20 second battle, you should be able to get strong enough to plow through most stuff like butter.

4. NON boring pvp. What the **** is this you cant talk to the other horde crap?? The best thing about d2 was being able to talk trash and insult others and be a complete *******. Not only that you should be able to hostile anyone, no more horde type stuff (provided you hostile them in a town or something).

5. NO LONG TRANSPORTATIONS, spending 20 mins to get across a world in a video game is just lame. Waypoints FTW.

Overall I think d2 should be like WoW but for people with ADD. I hate waiting, or being forced to get a group, and only fighing a few things at a time.

WELL SAID AMEN TO THAT BROTHER.

I was a HARDCORE diablo 2 player/botter. I had 4 level 99's, an mf sorc, a sword/ww barb, windforce amazon, iron maiden/cow necro (this one was created out of pure boredom lol).

I had so much fun with d2. The best experiances were teleporting into cows, and throwing out a frozen orb, doing 3 novas, and teleporting to another batch of cows. All within 4 seconds.

By hardcore do you mean actual hardcore where if you die you lose the character, or hardcore as in you were really into it?

I personally never trusted a hardcore character to a bot, too much chances of it screwing up and being frustrating.

Overall D2 is probably my favorite online game ever, I love how it was so fast. Nothing beat doing like a 50 second choas run then bam RM, or plowing through 200 cows with a windforece amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom