Diablo II LoD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin

Beta member
Ok so i am not exactly sure what is wrong with my game but ill tell you exactly what happend when i first started the game. So what happens is i double click the icon and the game doesn't come up but what i noticed was a little black square in the top left corner of my monitor screen. Inside this black square it seemed to go through the alphabet and numbers and basic symbols on my keyboard. Then after it went through all of that the game would finally start. So the game intro starts and it shows the blizzard logo and stuff and then it gets to the main menu. It looks like a rainbow threw up on it the colors and everything are really messed up. I messed with the compatability and everything but couldn't get it to work (I didn't try every possiblity because it looked like i wasn't getting anywhere with it.) Now the whole game looks like that the colors aren't correct its pretty much unplayable. I have a screen shot of it. I am not really good with computers but Im a big time gamer if you need my computer info ill try to figure it out all i know is im running windows 7 on a gateway laptop.

Well there seems to be an issue with getting Diablo II working within Win7 overall. The Windows Compatibility site and the Blizzard site both dont show any information about Win7 support.

From what i see on the net, it does work. But they say to update the game before running it. There is also a suggestion to download it directly from Blizzard and not use the CD to install the game.

Possibly try the steps listed here.

I can USUALY get it to load, sometimes the colors go haywire and it takes a few tries, but, go to the games .exe file where you installed it, right click on it, click properties, then click Compatability, click run in compatability mode, then select Windows XP SP3.

Now you need to go and disable the Visual Themes, Desktop Composition, and Display scaling, then select "Run this program as administrator".

That USUALY lets me get it to load and play.

Thanks Mak213 and c0rr0sive i figured it out using the link Mak213 gave me to the battle.net forums.

You have to run it in compatability mode for windows xp SP3. If you have a windows 7 computer all you have to do is put a check in the disable desktop composition box and open up your screen resolution window and then play only problem for me is if i minimize the game the colors gets messed up and i have to close the game and reopen the screen resolution window.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom