Diablo 3 Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
Just a rumour, but i found this while surfing:

Blizzard Entertainment's upcoming dungeon destroyer Diablo III is said to be coming on December 24 according to a rumour on the website kaputik.com where Associates working on a Diablo 3 game design have supplied the following information.

The online beta multiplayer trial version is currently set for an 11th September release.

The final version is to be released before Christmas - 24th December 2009.

Source: Rumour: Diablo III release date - Christmas Eve? | VG Chartz.com - Video Game Sales Charts, News, Reviews, Cheats, Forums - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Wii, PS3, Xbox360, DS, PSP, PC

I don't know about you guys, but this makes me sad :(. Was always a massive fan of Diablo II, so was really hyped when this was announced. Just hope it is a rumour though, and comes out sometime this spring.

That wont be happening, they are just getting to the point where they will do a SC2 beta later this year for people ranked top 100 in warcraft 3.... Diablo 3, is going to be released maybe 2010 or 2011....

Sadly I am rank 400ish... was 80 the other day :(

Impossible. They don't even have the models for 4th and 5th characters yet (though they can use placeholder npc models to test out the 4th characters skills (which don't even have animations yet either), let alone anything past the 2nd act. Then theres the months of closed beta testing and balancing/kinks to work out after everything actually designed.

Realistically, maybe fall 2010.

Bliz has stated themselves that it will be released before the 2nd starcraft 2 game, which is (probably) slated for 2010. (Thought I read one SC2 game release per year.)

Or it could be d3 2010, sc2 part 2 2011.

The date's are all mostly speculation on my part. Bliz said they're aiming for one major release per year. I figure another year and 3/4 should be plenty time to get it done.. but you know blizzard.

The stuff about the 4th and 5th character devellopment was stated by bashiok on the forums. I'm too lazy to look it up for a link, since it was just a short snippet anyway. Apparently he's pretty pumped about the 4th though. Says it's pretty bad---.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom