Diablo 3 beta Performance Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vardon098

Solid State Member
I've been having some odd lag issues with the Beta and it's been being discussed on a separate forum. I'm going to bring it here to see if anyone else has some other opinions.

I have a 460GTX and I have to run D3 at 1680x1050. I have no shadows and no AA. Not only that but the game still lags very heavily when there are a lot of enemies on screen. I have 4 gigs of ram and a quad-core processor. Would someone please explain what I'm doing wrong? This is so frustrating. (And of course my drivers are up to date as a side note)

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1483MB used, 6703MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 v2
Display Memory: 2783 MB
Dedicated Memory: 992 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)

My CPU temp is 35-40 and I recently dusted my rig.

So those are my specs and it is a tower. I can play SC2 with everything on ultra and not a spec of lag. I also play Crysis 2 with everything cranked and not a spec of lag. I can't figure it out. It seems like it's just a problem with Diablo III.

Now this is a very interesting development. I played in windowed mode with the same settings and I see that my CPU usage never even gets above 30-40 percent. My memory is a stable 2.20/4.00. my ping was 103 during this particular instance and I still have the exact same lag issues. Is this a software conflict or something bizarre?

Is anyone else having this same problem? Any thoughts?

- update

I found a forum discussing that this issue is often related to the usage of a USB headset for some reason. I disabled mine from the control panel and unplugged it. Though this appears to be the issue for some, it is not for me, I still have the same problem.

You should REALLY report these issues on the Battle.net forums for the Diablo 3 beta. Please do not discuss it here, as there are very few reasons people would not discuss on the battle.net forums, and they are all piracy related.

Battle.net forums are the best place for help on that game, as it is a private beta, and there is a very high concentration of users and techs at that forum.

Not having any issues. Have the game maxed out on a 920, 6gb of ram and 2x gtx260s. I would just keep lowering settings until the lag is gone and if it doesn't go away try a resintsall. Also don't forget to report your issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom