Deus Ex Human Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played it yet, but it does look sort of creepy. Some of the characters look downright bizarre.

Deus Ex "game of the year edition" ( not revolution) is available from Gamestop downloaded for $10. Would this be the first one?

A lot of times it comes down to cost... The developer can't or won't spend MORE money to make it look better on PC. Its a problem, why spend more money for a platform with less people.
Actually according to Dice is the developers are just outright lazy. They will get their money no matter what if the game looks good enough on consoles for the console kiddies. Why put forth that effort for PC gamers when people seem to think PC gaming is dead? Skyrim is probably one of the best examples. Oblivion ran on 360, so lets steal the shader and redo everything else to say we rebuilt the engine from ground up. HUGE budget, will barely look better on PC, looks good enough for everyone else on console. We get Skyrim, they get cash, win win right? Wrong. They have the budget to make it look downright amazing but didn't extend that effort since they have to cater to the console people and will still get huge bank since it's "Elder Scrolls". Tod or whatever his name is brushed on this slightly and then covered it up quickly at Quakecon.

Nearly finished I think. Glad to report the difficulty has stepped up a notch just recently, especially enemy strengths and alarm complexities.

Thanks Yami, also read that they are re-doing the graphics on the first game- upgrading 75% of them. So, would that be an update once the game is loaded on your PC?

That's not an official thing, that's a mod, which has already been released. It's called 'New Vision', there's a link to it in Steam's news feed for the game.

Nearly finished I think. Glad to report the difficulty has stepped up a notch just recently, especially enemy strengths and alarm complexities.
There was quite a while where I thought 'ah, must be getting near the end now' - the game ended about 6-7 hours later :p

Whereabouts are you? (in spoiler tags ofc)

Raining here is Pittsburgh ( of coarse on a day off) , so guess I will not be golfing. Well, to steam it is for Deus Ex!!!

Yeah turns out I wasn't close to the end after all :p

I just saw my flirty pal get blown up in her helicopter :( am I close to the end NOW? :p Think I've got like 23-28 hours down? Can't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom