Descent to UDK

Wait wait wait what -- is this really happening?

Take my money, take it all.

Seriously, besides Warcraft the Descent games were the only ones I ever bought on release day. Loved them all.

Yea Descent was the very first PC game I ever played. I played it on DOS 6 when I was 5 lol.

And yes, this is really happening and has been happening. If you want to play the first 2 take a look at what I linked before DXX Rebirth.

The source code was released and so all you need to do is get the DXX Rebirth files and insert the pig/hog files from your original D1 and 2 copies. DXX Rebirth adds modern Windows support (no DOSBox needed), higher resolutions, redone reticles, ect. Really makes replaying the old series that much better. Negates the need for a dedicated 98 box like I used to have. I'm assuming you already have the original games, but if you don't GoG has them cheap and Steam now has D1.

The source code was released and so all you need to do is get the DXX Rebirth files and insert the pig/hog files from your original D1 and 2 copies. DXX Rebirth adds modern Windows support (no DOSBox needed), higher resolutions, redone reticles, ect. Really makes replaying the old series that much better. Negates the need for a dedicated 98 box like I used to have. I'm assuming you already have the original games, but if you don't GoG has them cheap and Steam now has D1.

Hmmm, it would take an act of congress to find my old disks for D1 & D2. I know they are here somewhere, but it would take hours of attic hunting to find them lol

God I'd love a Descent 4....First played Descent 3 as a free game that came with my Voodoo 3000 video card.....

Well that won't happen, but this is probably as close as we can get to another real Descent game. I'm actually hoping this pipes up interest in a legit game later though.

Back
Top Bottom