Descent 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha..yeah..that game owned..let me see if I can find it (I had all of 'em, they should be around here...) I'll get back to you in a minute...or so!

Bleh...it's not near as handy as I thought. I gotta find it though, argh.

Checking Google, it will most definetly work with XP, as all would probably guess...with it's so-demanding requirements:

Windows 95/98/NT/Me/XP: IBM compatible PC Pentium 200 (Pentium II 300 recommended), Windows 95/98 with DirectX 6.1 (included) or Windows NT4.0 with Service Pack 3, 32MB RAM (64MB recommended), 300 MB of hard drive space, 6x or faster CD-ROM drive, at least 4MB of texture RAM on your video card, DirectX certified sound card, keyboard, 100% Microsoft compatible mouse.

LoL:)

Awesome game, though.

Ste said:
Will it work on XP, if I can find it, I loved the orginal game. Its was freaking sweet.
Descent III i did get running on Windows Xp.

Not sure about the other 2 games.

Descent I annoyied me. I does amaze me that they did too a second game.
Descent II was my favorite. I got spoilted rotton on Guide Bot. Theif Bot shitted me to no eat. But he is suppost to do that.
Lost count the number of time I completed both Descent II and Descent II : Virtigo

Descent III just added extra features that I did not like.
I also did not like some one the missions. However some of the weapons where NASTY. Like the black hole missle.

It's a real shame that Interplay is JUST hanging in there. About the only game they have released resently was FALL OUT TACTICS for PS2.
It's a real shame as the Descent and FreeSpace line up was awasome.

I would sell you my copy, but I gave it away to a freind has he was helping me move house a few months back.

The first Descent: Freespace was AWESOME. Second one was great, but didn't have the dramatic feel like the first. Guess its because you already knew about the invading 'black' ships. Those mother ships were HUGE.

killians45 said:
The first Descent: Freespace was AWESOME. Second one was great, but didn't have the dramatic feel like the first. Guess its because you already knew about the invading 'black' ships. Those mother ships were HUGE.

Now who got the $#!+ when the Colosus was defeated.
The thing that I did not like with Freespace II was that half the missions where in nebulas where you where flying blind.

*******SPOILER*********

I'm not sure if I ever really beat the game... if I did it seemed to be a hanging ending. I just remember the final mission where they were shooting at that **** star to make it go nova, you had to escape, and I'm almost POSITIVE I made it to the jump, but no matter what I did I never made it and it ended there. Is that really how it ends, or is there more to it.?

killians45 said:
*******SPOILER*********

I'm not sure if I ever really beat the game... if I did it seemed to be a hanging ending. I just remember the final mission where they were shooting at that **** star to make it go nova, you had to escape, and I'm almost POSITIVE I made it to the jump, but no matter what I did I never made it and it ended there. Is that really how it ends, or is there more to it.?

Ummmmm.... you are give a choice. Help Save the one of the other ships, or get to the nearist jump node.

Over all, I did not mind dying in that game at the end, as it my life saved others. However it does upset me that Interplay is no longer the computer games devs that they used to be as I would love to see a FREESPACE III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom