Demos vs Full complete versions:

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
howdy

Just wondering...do most of you guys try out the demos of games (when available) before buying the retail game? This is intended toward people who just do similar as me...emphasis "BUYING", lol

Do you experience an error free demo, but then find yourself with bugs, crashes, random errors, once you start experiencing the finished retail product?

thankie

i try a demo, if i am unsure of a game that i think about getting. I usually uninstall the demo, before i go out and buy the game, or unistall it because i dont like it

most of the time i dont expierence any problems with a demo

Yeah. Demos are a lot less top heavy than the actual game, but are sometimes a lot more buggy than the game... especially if it is an early pre-release demo. Sort of a give and take.

hm. if I plan on buying a game, i'll try out the demo to make sure its worth my money. if it isn't I wont buy it.

as for the bugs and such, i have seen that. but they usually come during a later part of the game that the demo didn't cover. or are completely different than ones in the demo. I've found companies Usually do pretty good at getting rid of bugs found in demo's before the final release. usually...

XD

Depends on the game, really. Some games you just know you are going to buy (well none in recent years that I can think of), but it can't hurt to try the demo. It might highlight a compatibility or under-spec type problem with your computer.

I've seen buggy demos, more commonly ones that are rushed out, so usually movie-games or sports games, but consequently, they tend to be pretty buggy in the game itself too. And rubbish.

I'd say it can't hurt, and you might actually find you don't like a game that you were sure to buy (or visa versa)

If im sure i just go ahead and buy the game, if im not so sure i try the demo, and i usually dont pay attention to bugs in the demo because the demo bugs usually dont appear in the full game, there is just other even worse bugs :(

I only buy games ive been waiting for for years. I dont download demo's to check there okay i download demo's because im so excited to have a slice of the final product that i've wanted for so long.

Yeah I play demos before I buy games. The Crysis demo is the only reason that I didnt get it.

I have just played the Call of Juarez, World in Conflict and Civ 4 demos, and they have totally convinced me to get the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom