Demos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd0 said:
fear will run on ur comp if u turn everythin down im pretty sure it will anyway,

like 800x600 an stuff on low, if u can put up with that,

no he don't need to run it on 800x600 on low setting, when he runs FEAR for the first time, it will automatically select the best setting for him.
i have 6600 (not GT), and it selects to me 800x600 with medium setting for the first time i run FEAR, but when i turn the setting up to 1024x768 and turning some details to high setting, the game still run fine to me.

Well, I can run DOOM 3 at the ultimate setting and max resolution and it will play, and during some levels I can also use 2x AA without it getting too jumpy. (Normally I play at 800 x 600 w/2x AA.)

I will probably wait a year before I buy anything, because I may have enough money for a 7800 or 7900.

i play doom3 on 1024x768 with high setting.

if u have money go with 7900, not 7800, because they are much cheaper. You can get 7900GT for 300$, which is about the same price as 7800GT and cheaper than 7800GTX, and it outpeforms both of them.

BF2 has the best FPS multiplayer IMO, next to COD: UO and CS. But the SP in BF2 sucks compared to Q4's and FEAR's. If you like online shooters BF2 kicks the acehole.

maroon1 said:
no he don't need to run it on 800x600 on low setting, when he runs FEAR for the first time, it will automatically select the best setting for him.
i have 6600 (not GT), and it selects to me 800x600 with medium setting for the first time i run FEAR, but when i turn the setting up to 1024x768 and turning some details to high setting, the game still run fine to me.

Me too. I have almost the same system as you and mine plays FEAR fine on 1024x768 with some of the settings on high. I agree that it won't look as good as if I had a £3000 machine but I don't care, as long as I get a decent frame rate and can play the game I'm happy. btw FEAR is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom