Demigod by Gas Powered Games (SupCom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, Gabb confused me.

alright my bad, I got things straight now. The game is basically a Dota typish game ( RTS controls but you fight with heroes against other heroes ) that uses the Supcom engine. Christ Taylor ( one of my fav vg designers ) isn't even the lead designer for the project but has a lot of work to do with it, and I just assumed he was doing it since he had a bunch of interviews talking about the game. GPG the same developer for Supcom did Demigod.

It is HIGHLY unusual that Demigod has only 1 review for it, 99% of games have at least more then 1 review out before the game is released. I'm interested to hear how the game is though since I was a big dota fan but had a big falling out.

Well I played a bit last night and it's pretty fun.

Basically, you control a demigod which is either an assassin and can't control any other units of its own, or another demigod general which can summon minions.

You start out at level 1 every game and gain experience and powers and stuff, and work with a team to control parts of the map or defeat the opposing team's base.

There is no campaign and it seems to be designed around multiplayer gaming only....which brings me to my next point; the online system is absolutely dreadful. Joining/hosting a game is extremely buggy and you can spend 30min - 1 hour trying to set up a game.

The connectivity system implemented is P2P, which is a good idea, but it seems they have a lot to fix...and I'm sure they will fix it.

It's a fun game and I would say go get it once they fix the multiplayer....otherwise it's quite frustrating.

I play savage 2 a lot now, its a free game but the graphics are good and the community is large. Sounds like the exact same format except I believe there developers came up with it. You can either be a warrior and actually be one of the troops relyling on good communication from your commander to direct you and you have a squad leader for further micro-management or a commander and play the game in an rts style gaining technology and buildings to upgrade your warriors and to get bigger and better ones. Multiplayer lobby is nice and simple and works effeciently and quikly to connect you to a game. Highly reccomend it, I liked it so much that I bought the pro copy and boxset as it allows you to unlock a couple of extra features in the game - carry 2 extra items and choose any hellborne unit you want on every map ( once you kill enough people you can use there souls to purchase demon units).

Savage 2 - A Tortured Soul

Well I played a bit last night and it's pretty fun.

Basically, you control a demigod which is either an assassin and can't control any other units of its own, or another demigod general which can summon minions.

You start out at level 1 every game and gain experience and powers and stuff, and work with a team to control parts of the map or defeat the opposing team's base.

There is no campaign and it seems to be designed around multiplayer gaming only....which brings me to my next point; the online system is absolutely dreadful. Joining/hosting a game is extremely buggy and you can spend 30min - 1 hour trying to set up a game.

The connectivity system implemented is P2P, which is a good idea, but it seems they have a lot to fix...and I'm sure they will fix it.

It's a fun game and I would say go get it once they fix the multiplayer....otherwise it's quite frustrating.

I don't know a signle RTS game where i can actually play online with a friend. They're all herendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom