Dead Space graphically glitching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
haven't played this in awhile. The game always worked just fine. Today I fire it up and it's messed up so bad I can barely read the menu. All kinds of weird lines of different colors every where.

Any ideas? Only thing new is AVG virus protection I installed and Logitech Speakers (no drivers installed for speakers).

Did that just now. Still messed up. Guess I am going to reinstall the game. See if that works. But I don't get why it just started doing it. Never had a problem before.

Edit: reinstall didn't help either. I also read that USB peripherals need to be removed, did that too. WTF! Why would this just start screwing up for no reason!!!

So your other games seem to be running okay? You might try shutting down AVG and running Deadspace. I don't suppose that would fix anything but worth a look. Try patching it to the latest version if you haven't already.

I will try that. That is about the only thing new on my computer actually so maybe it will work. Worth a shot. Is there a patch? When I look for a patch or click the link to check for patches nothing comes up.

Which driver do you have for the 4870? Crysis wouldn't load some levels for me when I had 9.4, so I downgraded to 9.1 and everything works fine. Maybe Deadspace has a similar problem.

It's not my drivers. The previous drivers I had the game worked fine then one day it didn't and since then hasn't. I installed new drivers and doesn't work. Removed all usb attached devices, turned firewall off, AVG off, you name it I tried it. even tried deleting the game save and settings file to see if they where corupt. No dice. Uninstalled the game.

Going to try it on Windows 7

Installed just fine on Windows7. I am going to use RevoUninstaller to try and remove it from Vista and see if that helps. Stuff like this bugs me so I will try a million things just to get it to install. Play it for 10 minutes and be bored all over again.. LOL

People have had a lot of problems with the newest Catalyst drivers, I forgot you were running an ATI card. You might try rolling the drivers back or using Omega.

hmm, i thingk i had this problem only once. i think it was because i had my card clocked too high, 789MHZ on the core and it would mess up really bad like you are saying. so try to lower your core clocks on your 4870. i have not tried it on windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom