DDO System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brew_WY

In Runtime
Does anyone know what the system requirements will be for DDO? i searched the DDO website and couldn't find them. but since they released a beta version, i figured someone must have an idea of what it is going to require?Thanks. :beard:

I'll take a complete guess for minimum requirments, 128mb video card, 512mb ram, 2.6 or better cpu, hd space of 2-3 gigs, I imagine they will try to cater to a wide userbase and therefor not make the requirements just to run the game high end, although as experiences go, the minimum requirments are never good enough to enjoy all the ambience and grafix it can offer. From what I'v read, the game look great, can't wait.

Well I hit up the DDO.com and saw that they are going to be charging $15.00/month +/- $1-2 depending on how long of subscription you buy. I am really dissapointed. Its not worth it to me to pay that much money just so I can play a game I already paid $50 for. Do you think that the sub fee will drop in a year or two??? I love all of the other D&D based games I have played. And this one is suppose to be about as close to P&P D&D as you can get (even though they are using 3rd ED rules:(). Let me know what you think.

Hello, the fee won't drop you can be certian.

DDO will recieve updates and new content as the game persists online, I have played online multiplayer games such as this for a while and find the fee worth the expenditure; of course the game is due to come out as yet, it may be a success or a flop, I intend to give it a try(big fan of dungeons and dragons myself).

I'm playing the beta and loving it. When compared with other MMOs this one really does shine as one of the best simply for its inovativeness. Nothings 'old' about it, real time almost twitch based combat is immense.

However, the monthly fee is whats to be expected when dealing with such large and powerful servers required to run the world.

Also, the game runs with an FPS of 100+ in adventure areas, and 25 - 40 fps in city areas on the "High" setting with a few options custom tweaked to a higher spec. This is with an AMD 64 3.4k, 6800 GT, and two GB of Ram. Basically, the game is amazingly optimised and should run on just about all gaming systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom