Day of Defeat worth 20 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I'm considering purchasing DoD, but curious as to whether it's worth the $20 price tag. What do you guys think?

By the way, how long does the download take, and then how long does the file encryption crap take?

If you played dod 1 its identical but with HL2 graphics.Looks great.If you never played its pretty realistic game for damages,weapon recoil,stamina and stuff like that,if you dont work as a team you're dead.I think 20$ for a game that just been released is not a bad deal,but its a mod anyway.

it was something like 602 or 650 mb,the whole process took me about 40 minutes on high speed cable.

I can max it out with my old 9600(no aa and hdr though) but its not like we realllllly need this:p so dont worry about performance.

I don't think I would go for it. If you have ever played DoD 1, then it is identical. if you want an intense, squad based action game all about close quarters comabat in a WWII setting, this is for you. However, if you want a multiplayer WWII game in general, go for Battlefield 1942.

BF 1942 is outdated. DoD source is worth $20, atleast I think it is. Matter of opinion actually, depends on what you like. Think of it as a slower paced UT CTF game in WWII settings. Weapons are pretty well balanced, graphics are awesome, surround sound... Only issue right now is the lack of maps. Playing on a server with only 4 maps in its map cycle gets boreing after a bit. The community is great though, so expect to see lots of maps coming out soon.

I wouldn't buy it, I played the first one and it was just another mod that was made for HL that turned into a have to pay for it deal.

Ridiculous if you ask me, not only that...it's just as repetetive as Counter Strike, but that's just me.

a funny thing is theres almost as much ppl that still playing DoD1 than DoD:s,it shows that it isnt the "realease of the century" and i think hardcore dod fans will stick with the original since its identical.

GameGURU said:
Ridiculous if you ask me, not only that...it's just as repetetive as Counter Strike, but that's just me.

not just you

Thanks for the input guys. I think I might hold off, for now anyway. I've never played the original DoD, so I'll probably get this one when funds are more readily available :) I'm still hooked on CS:S right now anyway.

On second thought, after a frustrating night of getting AWPed, I might buy DoD just to escape that stupid rifle. Man the AWP really ruins CS:S for me. DoD doesn't have a weapon like that does it?

Pizza, I suggest you buying DoD:Source just to try and play it. I think its 10 times better than CS:S in my opinion because I of course love the WW2 FPS atmosphere and the gameplay is very intense at times, and the original DoD and Source DoD are totally different with map changes and weapon changes, its just worth buying for $20.

I bought DoD:Source for $20 myself but I'm getting these stupid crashes with it but it is being resolved so I'll be able to hopefully fix this conflict.

Heyyo,

I bet DOD:S turns out better than CS:S, but I don't own a copy of DOD:S so I'll probably just pass on this game. I've already got good enough WWII games anywho. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom