Dawn of War II

Status
Not open for further replies.
this statement makes no sense, in pure RTS games like Starcraft, you also have to care for your units because they have value, and arguably even more so because minerals in Starcraft are not a infinite resource. Tactical games like World in conflict and this game, resources and creating units just feel too artificial, and I personally think base building and defensive options are interesting aspects that I love in strategy games. Guess this game just isn't for me, but the engine is very impressive though.

ahh well, i just said what was on my mind :p.

but isnt a change the way how RTS games play out a good thing? I think it brings creativity and opportunity. As for caring for units, u really need to take care of ur units in Dawn of War 2, like not be off them in ur screen for no more then 3 seconds lol. Defense is in the game, i love the cover system and environmental destruction, this should be in all games.

GameStats: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Articles

8.9 for press score is impressive. The game isnt a 10 imo but still worthy of playing out. A learning curve too for the change in RTS gameplay.

Some of them only go to high, but I have ultra for everything that has the option. Are you running dx9 or dx10? Some games don't let you choose the highest settings without dx10.

I'm on Vista so I think by default the game plays in DX10 right?

I'm glad I didn't buy this game....Sounds to me like they went in a bad direction of a widely played RTS game.

it sounds like that, but they way how Relic worked out with this game is phenomenal. It's not going to be the average RTS gamer's choice but it is well worth playing for the experience, keyword experience. Dont fully judge a game until u have played it.

I'm addicted to it already. It is 11:30 pm, and I haven't started on my homework yet...

^^ lol. Well i installed it. I dont get Ultra settings in Texture or Effects quality or whatever that is. I figure i should try tweaking the config settings to see if that works. I thought this game was gonna support DX10. Guess not. IGN even confirmed this too. Ah well. Looks good from far away (camera) then close imo. I cant wait to see mods (and when mod tools get released if any) to make more units be on the map and crap, that would be awesome! I'll play more later, i got homework myself to do too.

I do; I don't know why you guys don't. Isn't your 3870 x2 technically better than my gtx 285?

Do you think they could have been really gay and made it so only Nvida cards had access to max settings? Because you both have good Radeon cards. It's not like it's not letting you have it because your cards aren't good enough. My friend who is running a rig with an 8800 GTS can max this game. He only gets 2 bars of performance for it (no lag though) and he can use the setting.

I do; I don't know why you guys don't. Isn't your 3870 x2 technically better than my gtx 285?

Do you think they could have been really gay and made it so only Nvida cards had access to max settings? Because you both have good Radeon cards.

na ur card beats mine by far. Idk, i will try tweaking the config settings like i said. Later when i get to it.

Yeah, it does. I was thinking of the 4850 x2. I don't know how I got those too confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom