Dawn of War II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is up with the ULTRA settings in this game? What type of card do you need to be able to use ULTRA? It's greyed out on my screen, I have a 4870 1GB....

I don't know. I run this game maxed at 1920x1200 with high 40's and low 50's for fps.

My crap:

gtx 285
core i7 920
6GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ram

all @ stock currently

From the load up videos, I would assume this game is optimized for Nvidia, so that might be part of it. What is your cpu and ram?

Does anyone know if this game supports quad-core?

I have the same res as you. I have q6600, 4870 1gb, 2 gb of ram ATM, that will be 4 again. Just replacing some ATM.

However the ULTRA settings in this game if you scroll over it, it states that I need more gpu memory to allow those settings. Is this right? My Lord I just got this card about 3 months ago, thought I had a pretty decent one! LOL

You are on Ultra not HIGH settings??

Some of them only go to high, but I have ultra for everything that has the option. Are you running dx9 or dx10? Some games don't let you choose the highest settings without dx10.

am I the only one dissapointed to hear that its single player is basically an action RPG instead of an RTS game. I think the whole DOW2 direction toward more tactical games ( ground control, World in conflict ) instead of strategy games is a bad thing since I view base building as one of the funnest parts :(

also I can't seem to find any info on the dawn of war part 1 engine, I know the dow2 engine uses a more advanced version of the COH engine

^^^Deadly Creatures.

I'm a huge Dawn of War freak and love the history better then Warcraft know nothing of StarCraft :p. I've read all the races, know much of the history usually the backgrounds of each race from wikipedia (love it) and ive come here to say that after playing Dawn of War 2 beta, im satisfied. I'm getting my copy tomorrow, stupid UPS delayed the shipped even though i pre-ordered off newegg but it's ok.

Relic took out the base building tech that has been in most traditional RTS games and instead focused on less army building and more tactical battles mixed with RPG elements such as experience, loot to be picked up, similar Diablo style. I think it's a great idea. I've only heard that this game lacks variety and single player campaign does get repetitive. Not enough maps. However, everything else works great, all races are balanced you just need to know the tactics of each commander and race to win, strategize.

makes u feel different then having to harvest resources with workers or slaves, try to build a base and get to the highest on the tech trees, making units and sending them to death. In Dawn of War 2, you actually have to care for your units because each unit has value that can help you win a battle.

^^^Deadly Creatures.

makes u feel different then having to harvest resources with workers or slaves, try to build a base and get to the highest on the tech trees, making units and sending them to death. In Dawn of War 2, you actually have to care for your units because each unit has value that can help you win a battle.

this statement makes no sense, in pure RTS games like Starcraft, you also have to care for your units because they have value, and arguably even more so because minerals in Starcraft are not a infinite resource. Tactical games like World in conflict and this game, resources and creating units just feel too artificial, and I personally think base building and defensive options are interesting aspects that I love in strategy games. Guess this game just isn't for me, but the engine is very impressive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom