Dawn of War: Dark Crusade impossibly hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Bought this game about 3 weeks ago and I consider myself a pretty skilled player when it comes to RTS's. I've played Rome: Total War, Age of Empires 1, 2 and 3, Rise of Nations and expansion... list goes on. Now, for some reason I get my *** handed to me every single time on standard mode. Only thing that can explain this is that the other team is either being given a significant resource boost, or their spawn times have been greatly reduced. I find myself getting rushed within a couple minutes of game play, I just don't see how it's possible. And when you take it down a notch to easy mode.... it's so easy its' not even fun. Is it me, or does this thing need a patch?

I am guessing you never played the original Dawn of War games because they are the same way. The game has an uber steep learning curve and Hard mode is literally impossible. However, standard is doable in my opinion. I see no need for a patch, especially since, as an RTS most of the replayability comes from online multiplayers. And yes I have beaten the campaign mode on standard. Only once, with Necrons.

Are you talking about the campaign mode?

If so, try attacking areas with a lower number, if u attack one with a higher value, and you are early on in the campaign, then it could be that your enemy has honor guard while you dont.

Fun game nontheless

I've beaten the campaign as Eldar.

watcha gotta do is build yourself an honor guard like the opponent has, and the closer the territory is to their home base the tougher it is, like, if you're fighting a territory right next to the necrons, and it's necron owned, it's gonna be tough.

try to look for areas that say "one base" and not 2 bases, also GET VEHICLES ASAP. Wraithlord, Dreadnaught, Defiler, killer kan or whatever, if you're playing necrons, tau, and imperial guard:

IG, get out sentinels to deal with vehicles and hellhounds to kill off infantry, then build up the Leman Russ battletanks to finish the job.

Necrons, I'm not that great with necrons but they're pretty straight forward, get tons of dudes and kill things, Tomb Spider's are the necron equivalent now that I think about it.

Tau, are the hardest to play imo, they got long range, but they're pretty weak, make sure you got at least a couple kroot squads to deal with Jump packed units, if not that then just load up on battle suits and slaughter the opposing enemy with a hail storm of fire, but most players know that jump suits dudes will slaughter Tau online, and will just as such prepare for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom