D.o.d : What Do You Think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lovin' it so far. :D

Fun game, hopefully we see new maps and weapons shortly.

Question: On voice commands there is a "I need ammo", can any position hand out ammo?

I would love to see them add medics and Field opps like ET :D

HAVOC2k5 said:
Nope never played DoD until DOD : S.

It's pretty cool. Not one of my favorites so far, but it's lot's of fun.
DoD is an awsome game. In the beta years it had some problems with lag, but not anymore. You may not have experienced any problems yet with the new Source community, but if you want to or get bogged down during these days of frenzy, I'd suggest you go play the non-Source version. It's been hammered out and has a HUGE online community. (A lot of us veterans are just hanging out in the non-Source realm for a few weeks while the froth passes, so you'll find some good players lurking in the "old world.")

idiotec said:
Question: On voice commands there is a "I need ammo", can any position hand out ammo?
Any class can give ammo.

idiotec said:
I would love to see them add medics and Field opps like ET :D
They've been tossing this idea around for a long time, even before DoD:S was a thought in someone's head. The problem they're trying to sort out is how to deal with killing the medics (as well as the bounds of who is dead and who is able to be healed, not to mention the impact on the game if people don't have to so closely watch their health). The killing problem is basically that people are going to camp around recent kills so they can shoot the medic who comes for them.

last game of derived of HL2 ill ever buy,all these guys do is enhance graphically the same old maps.was disapointed with Cs:s for it,now DoD...Really nothing new at all but at least there is lightning so you can see people in dark corners,its not totally black like in dod1.Its like they say "eh!we've got the most played fps game lets just enhance graphics and they'll all follow us like sheeps anyway!"

mal said:
last game of derived of HL2 ill ever buy,all these guys do is enhance graphically the same old maps.was disapointed with Cs:s for it,now DoD...Really nothing new at all but at least there is lightning so you can see people in dark corners,its not totally black like in dod1.Its like they say "eh!we've got the most played fps game lets just enhance graphics and they'll all follow us like sheeps anyway!"
That's the point of the HL mods actually. At least for me it is. DoD and CS are unlike any other games out there, because they're simple. They don't have all kinds of complicated classes, and you don't have people stealing uniforms or reviving people. It's simplicity that won me over. It's nice not to have to strategize the best way to take down a tank or have to get rid of a fighter jet behind you. You just run around like a maniac shooting people and capturing flags for your country:cool: It's basically a slower based UT in WWII settings:p If you ask me, the orignals are still a lot better than the source versions. Steam first came out as a beta, and that was cool. But when they started changing the game physics, that's when I lost interest.

The only weapon they've added in DoD is the rocket launcher, and if I remember correctly that was added at or shortly after they came out with their first release client.

I remember it though, because my friends and I had been playing the beta before and when they came out with their new release, the graphics improved and the rocket launcher was added. We played for six hours straight after school at a local cyber cafe. Good times!

hehe oh for beeing a good game its a good one indeed!Dont get me wrong:p Its simple and efficient,but i dont like the fact that they just touch the same old maps.Sounds to me a lack of desire for creation.One thing i hate is when they change radically the gameplay of a game in another version .DoD still the same same same as it was,very fast paced game,all about skills and reflexes.Im just so tired of "Avalanche" lol.

mal said:
last game of derived of HL2 ill ever buy,all these guys do is enhance graphically the same old maps.
If that's all you think they did to DoD:S, you need to look again. CS:S was more of a straight graphics conversion, but even CS:S got some changes to the gameplay and system. DoD:S was completely re-vamped.

mal said:
... but at least there is lightning so you can see people in dark corners,its not totally black like in dod1.
The original DoD was far more bright than the new one, dude. If you were always in the dark, you were either in a night map, or didn't have your graphics set correctly. DoD:S is much more "lurkable" than DoD.

mal said:
Its like they say "eh!we've got the most played fps game lets just enhance graphics and they'll all follow us like sheeps anyway!"
Graphics aren't the only thing that come with Source, bud. They bring the new physics engine, as well as the new capabilities that Source provides (namely, more detailed and extensive mapping abilities). This is something we all wanted. The original HL engine and graphics system is old and outdated, but we still love those games. It's only logical to upgrade them to the latest versions of the engines and details we expect from today's games.

I"ve got a question. Are there any freakin' DOD:S servers that have rotating maps? Everytime I play it seems like the map never changes.

And when it does say the server is changing the map, it ends up being the same map again... ??? Now i haven't played this game too much but may-be a dozen times since it came out... But, I've found myself bouncing around in different servers looking for new maps...

By the way? How many are there?

Love the game. The engine really makes the game though. ran it on a buddy of mine's x700 on a AMD 3800+ 64bit and it worked perfectly no lag, screen glitches or anything. Can't wait to finish my rig.:D

As far as focusing on WWII infanty combat, you won't find a better game than the DoD franchise. It doesn't support vehicles, but it makes up for it and then some. Source is utterly incredible. The sounds, the lighting, it's all there .. I agree as well, even if you're losing you're having a damn good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom