Cyrsis - in game video

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the jungle sequence looks like far cry but with better graphics and destructable enviroments.
That's way too simplistic. Of course, they are both in the jungle. The graphics are a lot better, but it's the tiny details that really need to be focused on. As well as the ability to apparently manipulate everything to be destroyed.

It's about time they've had fully destructible environments. I first saw it in red faction and that game is old. I didn't think it'd take this long to do it. But the thing looks really awesome and the alien tank sequence makes me feel like I'm watching a terminator movie.

I can't wait to get some cash hopefully by the time the next generation cards are rolling out and with DX10 and whatnot.....I may have to have a machine running vista solely for gaming the way these things are. I'd really rather not go to vista, but what else are you going to do if you want the next gen games.

It is DX10 and its also made by the same peopel what developed FarCry (Crytek).

A next-generation project by CryTek, makers of the dazzling FPS Far Cry. This game is running on the new CryENGINE 2 technology. The game is one of the the first announced to run on the advanced DirectX 10 architecture.

Set in 2019 after a colossal asteroid crashes to Earth, Crysis begins amidst a tense military standoff between the North Korean and United States governments for control of the impact zone. Amid rising tensions, the asteroid suddenly bursts open revealing a massive alien ship, which begins freezing vast portions of the island and altering the global weather system. The invasion of Earth has begun. Crysis features an epic three-act story of alien invasion where players are able to customize their armor and weapons in real time to confront an ever-changing enemy and a harsh, dynamic environment.

--[I][url]http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/ea-crytek-title-untitled-project/[/I][/URL]

The OFFICIAL website:

http://www.crytek.com/news/story.php?id=9&p=0&n=pr&t=1

I liked FarCry, but Im really not a huge fan of outdoor FPS.

I always shot the people in the head in games that let you put them to sleep. JUST IN CASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom