Current Recommended Requirements for Doom 3/ Halflife 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDrIoT69

In Runtime
Hello, im getting a computer for my self, and i want it to run Halflife 2 and Doom 3 good.

What are the requirements for those?

Also, can i get anything good around 1000-1500$?

Thats my current budget (Im only 16 years old with no job ) = (

Well.......... that's not too harsh for Half Life2, but for Doom3 those numbers are probably going to skyrocket. I think everyones going to be prepared though.

That kind of sucks on behalf of Doom 3. So an AMD Athlon XP2500+ wouldn't be compatible, even if overclocked to speeds of a 3200+?

Here are my estimated requirements for Doom 3, but keep in mind that this is my guess!!!!!!!!

MINIMUM:
1.5ghz processor
256mb RAM
64mb video card w/ Transforming and lighting and pixel shader 1.1 (Geforce4 MX NOT INCLUDED)

RECOMMENDED:
2.5ghz processor
512mb or MORE RAM
128mb or more video card (MX SERIES NOT INCLUDED)

I dont think it will take as much as it will be hyped to take.

Keep in mind that releasing a game that overpowers EVERYONES PC would be a terrible marketing strategy - causing ID to lose lots of money.

Trust me, they aren't stupid enough to make a mistake as big as that.

MicroBell said:
Half Life 2= Nothing lower then this...
*700mhz Processor
*128 mb of RAM
*64 mb Video Card

**Note** This will likely change as the release date approachs but this was a quote from valve awhile ago. They want to make sure it will run on older PC's.

Doom 3=Pretty steep! :eek:
*Video card with at least 128MB RAM and Pixel Shader 1.1
*256 Ram
*2.5GHz CPU

**Note** These requirments were released from John Carmack from ID software in an interview. Again..may change as the release date approaches.

Those requirements were in fact NOT actually released by John Carmack.

I remember that was on Doomworld.com a while back, but they later confirmed that the interview, taken from a magazine article, was in fact false, and that ID had even confirmed that the article was false.

As for HL2 and Doom 3 specs, I would say that they are both going to require about the same, considering both are packing about the same graphics, just that each is set in a different atmosphere.

look at my siggy....$1000...a little more including some extras but it can still play Doom 3...and check ebay i heard a Falcon Northwest custom built was bought for only $500!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom