css crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
Lately I have been having problems with css crashing during game play. I have tried various drivers. Cat 4.12, 5.01, 5.02. But it happens with each one. I dont know how to fix it.

I recently cloned a partition and switched the partition to a different drive. But I was having this problem before.

Thanks for any help.

~And_You_Are

Well, i cant give a perfect ansawer, but i have a few ideas.

1st: Try re-installing it, maybe one of the files went corrupt.

2nd: Did it happen from the beginning? If so maybe the whole CD is corrupt.

3rd: Your whole computer is screwed. : )

well we obviously cant help u out becasue u need 2 list wat happens when it crashes wat odes the error say and stff .... poist that and ill be glad 2 help u if i can... u can im me on aim at

bigtimeballer504

or pm me i wont be checking this post again so pm or im me on aim see ya

Does it happen during a particular map? If so, what map are you playing? I know a lot of guys that have had crashing problems on Aztec... I may have a fix for you if that is it.

It doesnt happen on any particular map, just when I start playing.

It didnt happen from the begining, but until recently I h ad played more cs than css, so I wouldnt know if css was crashing from the begining.

When it was suggested that I install the files again, am I susposed to install steam or the css file?

There isnt an error message. The screen pauses and the sound repeats, I have to alt tab out of css otherwise the whole pc freezes. Some times an ati vpu recovery errro comes up, but this only happens when the entire game crashes and boots me back to my desktop. The ati error happens less often.

what chipset does your motherboard have ?

someone i know had an 800XT PE or something with via chipset and his cs source kept crashing. Confilic with ati cards and via chipset apparently.

AND_YOU_ARE, in all fairness it's probably nothing more than a dodgy Steam update. Weird crashes have happened to me (and others) before in HL2. Out of interest when was the last update you had?

Your best bet is to re-install. And btw, your MoBo does indeed have an nForce 2 chipset ;)

How can I check what update that I have?

Some times I leave steam running in the tray, but if it has been a few days since I have played a game or restarted my pc, i shut down steam and load it back up, so any steam update can download. I also have all my steam games on automatic updates.

I... don't know how you check what version of Steam/steam apps you have, maybe if you (and I) browse wwwsteampowered.com you'll find some help... Off topic, but I think Steam is a waste of space, for this reason among the issues others seem to be having. Why can't Valve just release patches like evryone else *grumble, grumble*.

Anyway, make a note of your Steam account name and password (important), and completely uninstall and reinstall everything. Did you buy HL2 boxed?; please don't tell me you downloaded it!

EDIT: Pull down the console, and see what it says after 'Build'. Mine is 1208, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom