CS source server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_Franklin

In Runtime
How do i rent a css server? I am thinking about getting a 12 player server. What would be the price? Where should i start looking?

thanks ive found lots of servers that are $2 per slot, what are the differences between these servers? wat are good specs for the server?

how is 33 tick because i think 33 is $24 and 100 tick is $40 so i didnt really want 100 tick, is there a major difference

If you have a good enough internet connection, you can just use an older PC or something and make your own.

Quoted from the Steampowered forum.

"tickrate:
From Valve: During each tick, the server processes incoming user commands, runs a physical simulation step, checks the game rules, and updates all object states. After simulating a tick, the server decides if any client needs a world update and takes a snapshot of the current world state if necessary. A higher tickrate increases the simulation precision, but also requires more CPU power and available bandwidth on both server and client."

Im sorry to break it to you but up until some nub was poking his nose around for hours on his cpu no one cared about tick rate.. somehow out of nowhere people just got the idea to start messing with them

default is 33 if you c an afford I would just stay there..

and like the guy said you can just set up a server with an old pc.. and see how that goes..

if you do decide to buy the server let us in on the ip

do not waste your time with the 100tic rate servers.. I see absolutely no difference in them myself.. I own on 33-100 doesnt matter

Thanks ive decided to go with AOWC and any good clan names u guys wanna suggest ? itll be a 16 player server. i estimate ill be getting it sometime in february.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom