CS:Source problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calzinger

Beer
Time to put you pc gaming and hardware beasts to work.

Whenever I create/join a game in CS: Source, I get a CTD after everything has loaded before I would actually enter the game. Then I get the "memory could not be 'read'" error.

I know this is a big problem documented by valve, but mine doesn't exactly fit the description, and I'd rather not wait for the patch to fix a problem that wasn't mine to begin with. Most people are getting their CTD and memory read error a few minutes into gameplay. However, I get mine immediately, right before I actually get into the game.

It seems to freeze during the "initializing renderer" stage as I saw in the console as it was loading. I ran the 'timerefresh' cmd in the menu which is essentially the same as initializing renderer, and I got the same problem! CTD and memory read error!

I got lucky a few times for some reason. It was more random than anything else really. I was able to get into CS:S no problem. I could restart Steam, load games, join/create, etc. But when I restarted my computer, bang, had this warg'ed error.

Any ideas? Think this problem is down to valve's patch or could it be something else? The fact that I was once able to get into the game with no problem makes me think it could be a system thing rather than valve.

It isn't a driver issue. I didn't make any driver changes when I restarted after it was working to see that it wasn't.

I posted at the steam forums to no avail. My thread was put to the side while the whiners and the "terrorist team has to go" threads.

Thanks for the help.

rofl...along with the glock has to go? ;)

how bout my random CT has to go thread? did that get any replies? :p

weeell i think you should report on steam forums again (perhaps a different section?)

I've lost a bit of hope in that forum. I was hoping some people here that are more informed about hardware could help me out. Perhaps there is something wrong on my end rather than valve's.

No clue sorry. Steam forums are horrible you will not get support from them. You could try #steam on irc.gamesurge.net they are pretty helpful when they are on (which is a hit or miss there) but be nice to them they help out for free and don't actually work for Valve. Other than that try posting over at http://www.csnation.net/ or http://server.counter-strike.net/forums/ (that is a dedicated server rescource site so I'm not entirely sure how much they can help).

Sorry I cannot help hope you get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom