CS Source or Doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
First question is, which game would you put your vote towards? Doom 3 or CSS? I've been playing CS since it came out and I truly love it. However, I have a problem if I get CSS or D3. My computer specs. I do plan on getting a decent laptop that would support D3 or CSS, but I want the games now so I want to see if it will run on my current desktop.

Here are my specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 04
System Model: 510c
BIOS: Version 3.06
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1300MHz
Memory: 254MB RAM
Page File: 207MB used, 417MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller :(
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82810
DAC type: Internal

And, I have broadband, which is a given.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

With that system, good luck at running either. If you want to game, you need a graphics card (integrated doens't cut it), and at least 512MB of RAM. I'm sorry, but you are going to have to wait until you get a decent desktop to run these games.

I figured, thanks man. No surprise there, maybe there was some hope :(

What about BF1942? Also, if there are any other MP games that will work on my computer that aren't that bad in your opinions, care to list them? Thanks.

Eh, multiple posting, sorry. But I also forgot, what about Unreal Tournament 2004? How would that run on my PC do you think?

None of the above will run, you need new graphics card and you should get a whole new PC

With a system like that, he probably couldn't get a new graphics card because he likely has no AGP slot. You definately need a whole new computer.

Get a new PC then buy HL2/CSS. This game runs very well on lower-end machines, but D3 requires MUCH higher specs even though it is not any more graphically advanced that CSS.

Ahhh, Doom 3 is more graphically advanced then CS:S I think...

The shading alone shows a huge difference.

And by the way... don't they run on completely different engines? So how could that be so...

Both the Doom 3 and Source engines have their pros and cons. The Doom 3 engine has much better shadowing and lighting, while the source engine has much better models and an overall more photo-realistic environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom