CS: Source. 1.1ghz Socket A AMD - capable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
My brother is running an old Gateway with a 1.1ghz AMD processor. Source calls for a minimal of 1.2ghz, however he's also got double the memory required by the minimum requirements.

Think it would run? Or should I start looking around for a used P4 3.0ghz 512mb computer?

What is your video card? The source engine scales pretty well on old hardware. if you card is up to snuff then it should work. 100mhz shouldn't make a difference either way.

If I remember, the Nvidia 5 series was a bit of a melon. You may be able to play the game but it wont do well. If he is willing to invest a bit he could try and find an old ATI 9600 or 9800, they did pretty well at CSS and HL2 when they came out.

My buddy has the a 5 series and it does absolutely fine. I'm sure the graphics card can handle it. It's the CPU I was worried about.

Well for me its the other way around. Wikipedia has documented a lot of issues with 5 series cards and Source games. But if your first hand experience says otherwise, then we will go with that.

Your cpu should be fine. 1.2ghz isn't some magical barrier. But if you really want to, Overclocking cant hurt your fps.

don't worry too much because i'm playing css and it runs fine
my specs are bad the only thing that beats that computer is my intel celeron x]
-intel celeron 2.2Ghz
-256mb ram
-integrated graphic
lol its a bit choppy but still playable :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom