CS:S RAM Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
Does anyone know how to find how much RAM CS:S is using for your system. Like say i have 3X 256MB RAM does CS:S have the ability to use most of it? or do i have to use a console command and tell it to use all of my ram?

it will use up as much as it needs, this is a dumb question you cant force a program to take more ram then it needs. Upping the textures and such will result in more ram being used.

Nah, it's not a dumb question, just logical to answer. Threepwood is right. When you start running out of RAM for an app to use, that's when you are in trouble. CS:S is quite demanding on RAM though so unless you have an abundent supply of it, it will use most on max settings.

::-Chase-::

tweakguides.com HL2 tweakguide, you can change the amount of ram to dedicate to the game, but dedicating more than half of your physical ram is not recommended.

example, I have 1024 mb so I dedicate 512 mb to the game.

if you have a gig of ram on CS:S, you should probably be fine with max textures. It's not too terribly demanding.

Ryan

Yeah i use about 400 megs or so of ram on CS:S and I run it on full graphics. I have BF 2 and run it on all high settings and 2x AA and that sucker takes up 800mb to 1gb of ram!!! What a resource hog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom