CS:S, how much fps do you really need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya... Blows it away.. the 8800gt puts all other single slot cards to shame.. its like.. "I'm so great.. I can beat up some of those dual-slot guys" haha

ya... Blows it away.. the 8800gt puts all other single slot cards to shame.. its like.. "I'm so great.. I can beat up some of those dual-slot guys" haha

-.-

Anyways I played CS:S on this rig:
2.4 P4
512MB RAM
9600XT

And we we were ranked like #4 in Israel, not that the level here is high but i got reasonable frame rates at medium settings.

"The main thing in CS:S (when I play) is latency. If your connection is crap it doesnt matter how good your FPS is."

so true

Hahaha, that's so harsh, now that I look back on my post, and yours Vernong... Anyway, I mean, each 8500GT is like what, $80? And he's getting 150 fps in CSS, although with significant drops, at least it's somewhat on par with an X1950PRO, to some extent, and for about the same price... but still, an 8800GT would of taught that investment a lesson or two in performance/price ratios...

You dont understand. I did'nt have enough money for an 8800GT at the time... and i saw a good deal on two 8500gt's and i knew about the step up program for evga. I figured i could play cs:s resonably well untill i built enough money to step up and so far it's going pretty smoothly, im #272 on waitng list atm.:snob:

And if i could do it over i would of had a much better rig for about the same price i paid. I was/am new to building my own pc. Both in picking out parts and putting together. Hopefully i'll get another chance to build my own when this pc dies out down the road.

Im an FPS whore so play at lowsettings and try and ooze around 250 - 300fps

But on maximum its around 100'ish and it plays FINE. As mentioned before, latency is the key, but i bet you didnt realise bad optical mice can have a latency of up to 16ms :cool:

Thats why you get razer and cruise along at 1ms time with 1000hz ultra polling (mouse position updated 1000 times a second)

LOL I just realised he had a 800W Power Supply, i think thats a tiny tiny bit excessive, you could run a quad core with SLI'd X2900XT's easy on a 800w..

Im an FPS whore so play at lowsettings and try and ooze around 250 - 300fps

But on maximum its around 100'ish and it plays FINE. As mentioned before, latency is the key, but i bet you didnt realise bad optical mice can have a latency of up to 16ms :cool:

Thats why you get razer and cruise along at 1ms time with 1000hz ultra polling (mouse position updated 1000 times a second)

LOL I just realised he had a 800W Power Supply, i think thats a tiny tiny bit excessive, you could run a quad core with SLI'd X2900XT's easy on a 800w..

There's no point in 250-300 fps, that's just excessive and your eye can most definitely not tell the difference. All you're doing is stressing your video card more and shortening its life. Enable v-sync to have the framerate sync with your refresh rate which will more than always be > 60Hz, which would translate to 60+ fps, which is the 'special' number, anything after that, our eyes cannot tell a difference at all. And I also think gaming mice are highly overrated. The PC-enthusiast market is getting saturated in 'gaming-culture' gimmicks, and 'gaming' keyboards and mice, the way I see it, are overkill. The only thing is they may sometimes look cool, but as far as performance, it's not like gamers are some super Olympic athletes who needs aerodynamic suits or perfectly formed pairs of running shoes.

Hey Merkwürdigliebe, I have a Razer Habu but didn't install any driver , can it help my gaming ? And if so how do I config the mouse ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom