cs:s error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
i keep gettign an error when trying to boot cs:s half life 2, half life 2 episode one and day of defeat source. team fortress 2 half life 2 epiosde two and portal are all working fine.
sxkdit.jpg

now i have tried takign away my over clocks, turning off my anti virus, pluging my modem straight into my computer. and even changing my gpu drivers. and even then it wont run, i tried all those solutions at once as well, and i couldnt find anything in the steam database touching this problem. i sent steam an email and never received a reply either, and its been about 2 weeks now. what can i do guys?

EDIT: o also tried running it in windowed mode and with out msn running.

have you tried re-installing the game?
Usually that can fix most problems as it looks like a bad install to me.
Make sure that it is totally uninstalled first though before you go putting it back on your computer!

It's all of his games that run off of the HL2 engine, not just CS:S. If it was me, I would just re-format my system. Try searching the error message on google. There has to be some information on it. I'm not a big Memory guy, but I believe it could also be your memory. Try running memtest to see if your RAM passes.

my rams good, but tf2 and halflife episode 2 and portal are all source engine games and they worck fine, ive tried reinstaling and reformating still no luck.

Dude I'm getting this error too on HL2 havnt tried any other games yet from the orange box..um im gonna give reinstalling the orange box a shot cos its really peeing me off!

have you added any launch options to your games? The only time i had a memory error was when i altered the Heap max usage to 2 gigs. Also try deleting the usual clientregistry.blob and appupdatestats.blob.

Also run a defrag using steams defrag tool on CSS and run verify game intergrity all under properies for the game in steam.

i had this same problem when i first installed my orange box... i think thats where the root of the problem lies... i forget what i did that fixed it, but heres something that no ones yet suggested to try:
delete the game data from the games that arent working, which will force your steam to redownload all the data... that way, you arent getting it off the orange box cd's... which again, seems to be a possible issue... youre getting it directly from steam/valve...
just a thought :) - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom