Cs Lag Please Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweaked007

Beta member
CS LAG PROBLEM

I have a PIII 1000, 256 sd ram, a nividia geforce 32meg card, cable broadbrand from a provider called Videotron in Quebec.

I would like to know what are the best possible settings for my CS to lag the least possible? I have lost my patience at trying diffferent values and testing it and I am sure that someone that knows exactly what these values do knows what values to put for my system.

I has the game going incredibly well during one week at one point, altough I had not changed any original settings. It was just the server that was perfect for my settings I guess. I kicked ass that week and would like my game to perform at that level again if possible.

Awaiting for your help very soon...

p.s. I have not studied in computer science so please keep your answers in basic english that evryone can understand. I am not computer stoopid though.

Peace...thanks in advance.

Is it accual lag that your experiancing or is it just choppy rendering by your video card?

I have a computer with almost exactly the same specs and if i get a slow down of any type I do 3 things.

1 - Type rate 9000 into your cs console
- To get to console press ` key ingame

2 - Set your resolution lower and put it in OpenGL mod
- Go into your game video options to configure that

3 - Find a better server. Ussually bad lag is caused by packet loss to the host or from the host. when filtering your cs servers in steam always sort by ping. (lower ping is better than a higher ping)

Try these and see if they help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom