Cs ****ing Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it may be your processor. Games run on the Source engine require a solid CPU to play games smoothly. (Not saying my computer is very powerfull) but even I lag when there is more than 20 people in a server. Anything lower than that and it's very nice. Try creating a server by yourself with no bots and see how smooth it plays. It should run quite nice, but then again you said you got about 33 fps on the stress test. Hmm....

Rook1e said:
cyrax,
Do you have a custom config done? It might help to get one. You can turn down more settings in your config that will help a bit. If you need one let me know.

Nah, I don't. I'm not really that familiar with the Source engine's configs and everything like that. I get really low FPS in-game most of the time, and I'm waiting to finish my new build so I can play it with AA and AF turned right up. ATM, I think I get a high of 50 fps, and a low of about 6. Average of a bout 20-35.

wow... I'm running in DX 7.0 mode, an entire autoexec.cfg which completely turns off EVERYTHING (inlcuding eyes, teeth, shadows, muzzle flashes, water effects) even the player models have been turned down to have 10% of the original amount of polygons... and guess what, at 640x480 res, I still get a staggering 20 FPS. It's so unplayable and this makes me **** depressed.

Why is it when i make a room i can get a nice 80 to 100 fps but when im in a server i only get 45 to 55 on average?

And teh_omar im sorry to hear that about your fps. I wish we had a answer for you. It sounds a bit weird to me all you get is 20 fps with all the turned off.

Rook1e said:
Why is it when i make a room i can get a nice 80 to 100 fps but when im in a server i only get 45 to 55 on average?

And teh_omar im sorry to hear that about your fps. I wish we had a answer for you. It sounds a bit weird to me all you get is 20 fps with all the turned off.

if anything, I'm pretty sure it's the cpu, I mean, an early P4 clocked @ 1.6 GHz with 256kb L2 cache... but it could also be the fact that although I have 512 Mb of RAM, it's clocked at PC100 speeds :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom