CS AWP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel the AWP is one of the easiest weapons to use in the game. i don't see any disadvantage in using the deagle, 7 shots is plenty in a clip. if that's not enough, the 228 is awesome at piercing armor and holds 13 rounds.

I think the AWP sucks. I don't care that you can easily kill somebody in one shot with it, it's the fact that you can actually use it as an offensive weapon! That is annoying. It is a sniper rifle and it should be used for SNIPING.

The AWP would be perfect if it would take longer to switch from no scope to scoped mode. This would force people to use the AWP as a defensive weapon rather than offensive.

It's for this reason that I usually play on a no-AWP server most of the time. If I feel like using the AWP I prefer servers that limit the AWP to 1 or 2 per team.

An AWP with a deagle is by no means easy to use
yes it is, if you suck with the deagle that's your own fault but the awp is ridiculously simple to use. Aim in the general location of the enemy and chances are they are going to die, end of story. As for losing accuracy, it's a bolt action gun dude, it's gonna be a lot more accurate than letting an ak47 out on full auto

scout is a more efficent sniper anyways as it has a faster rate of fire, assuming you actually know how to snipe. Most people who use the awp do not

my scores go way up when i awp, the key to beating an awper is two people attacking him at the same time, if not that then nades, hope he misses, go straight for his head during the pause in between shots.

Mr_Threepwood said:

If you are close range and waste those 7 deagle shots you are pretty much screwed, where as if you have an AK or M4 you can miss a lot and still be all right.

Besides that, using an AWP isn't easy. It takes a while to get used to how long it takes the gun to settle before you can shoot an accurate shot, while still getting it off as soon as possible.

Oh come on even a n00b with just 4 months experiance can put himself up to the top of the score board by whoring the AWP.

And whats this rubbish about the deagle? Its my gun of choice!! 50% of the time I will take it in preference to an assault rifle and even drop an assult rifle if I accidentally pick on up!! The deagle is an awsome weapon, just keep your nerve and aim for the head.

The AWP is part of the game and I think it's pretty fair to have it in considering it costs enough to prevent you from having it every round usually.

It and the scout are the only weapons where I truly feel in control, with a lot of other weapons there's a lot left up to luck (in CSS at least). I mean sometimes with the AK (my second favorite weapon) you will be dominating and getting headshots right and left. Other times you will be aiming at what looks like their head (and not running) and still get tons of misses even after letting the recoil lower.

The scout is also a nice weapon, I just would rather use an AWP since usually when I use the scout someone else rips my kill after I hit them once in the body (headshots don't seem to be as reliable even when it looks like you are aiming at their head).

In a game with decent plays I can usually have a 1:1 ratio with the scout, 1.5:1 with the AK and 2:1 with the AWP.

For some reasone I can't aim worth a **** with the M4, it seems way less predictable than the AK for some reason.

As for this missing 7 times at close range, it does happen no matter what you say. If you and the other guy are running around you won't always be able to land 2 hit in (or one HS) with the deagle since a lot of it is just luck of where the bullet goes. Your other option is to stop, or duck in which case you will probably get shot since you are an easy target.

All in all I think the AWP should remain a 1 shot 1 kill weapon to the chest or head. Let's look at the disadvantages the awp has over the scout:

1. Scout can still be aimed with no scope, the AWP can't since it will go anywhere.

2. You can be moving and still have accuracy on the scout.

3. Scout makes you run faster than having a knife even.

4. Scout shoots about 1.5 times faster than the AWP.

Mr_Threepwood said:

Besides that, using an AWP isn't easy. It takes a while to get used to how long it takes the gun to settle before you can shoot an accurate shot, while still getting it off as soon as possible.

Speaking of that, I'd really like to do a game of CSS with forum members here if anyone can host it or knows of a good one to do. The one that's stickied seems to be down.

That is what bugs me the most about an AWP, I really do suck at it compared to alot of others. And I am not a noob. I don't know why that is but maybe I didn't put enough time into it.

And to your second comment, alot of us play cs:s against one another we meet up in Tech on Vent ventrilo channel and play all kinds of different games. gaara's an awp whore!! lol J/K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom