CS Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since i built my system ive been playing CS:S and been trying to get a hack of 1.6 and CZ. But when Im playin source or HL2 it usually randomly stops and give an error msg "the instruction 0x######### at 0x######## could not be 'read'" , sometimes it just stops and ends up resetting or just stops responding, anyone know the problem?, check the specs, I also have a soundblaster pci sound card which i heard can cause problems.

Bpowa said:
Ever since i built my system ive been playing CS:S and been trying to get a hack of 1.6 and CZ. But when Im playin source or HL2 it usually randomly stops and give an error msg "the instruction 0x######### at 0x######## could not be 'read'" , sometimes it just stops and ends up resetting or just stops responding, anyone know the problem?, check the specs, I also have a soundblaster pci sound card which i heard can cause problems.

Is your HL2 an ilegal copy?

ive been hooked on day of defeat. i play cs once in a while, my fav. map is nuke, and my fav. gun is the colt. in DoD i use the springfield and M1 garand a lot. I play in The Underworld server in CS and DAK41 servers, (YIS) clan servers in DoD.

oh my name is Agt. Jae

Kupo said:
I know that problem was prevelant in the hacked version of HL2 and CS:S... haven't heard of it in the retail version yet... did you check with www.steampowered.com?

That is why I asked the other poster is it illegal?

BUT it DOES happen in the retail version only especially machines with have been overclocked or GPUs which were bought overclocked.

So Bpowa did you overclock your PC?

If not, HL2 does have an infamous memory error bug which has effected many owners. There does not seem to be a real fix yet same as the stuttering issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom