Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely much better gameplay in 1.6 - it takes a lot more skill to get kills too.

In CSS it seems as though much of the time 'sprayage' or lucky kills prevail.

I prefer 1.6, although when i got my 6600GT i play source alot more. I still think 1.6 is better though. Much better gameplay, and takes more skill.

Though i havent played either in ages!

h0me5k1n said:

In CSS it seems as though much of the time 'sprayage' or lucky kills prevail.

Although I prefer source this really pisses me off. You get headshot by a guy across the map spraying with the mac 10...BS! LOL I notice that most ppl just hold the trigger down with the automatics now. You could never do that in 1.6, well you could but you'd just hit the wall and the sky...

Trouble with 1.6 is the hackers as I know I have said before and probably will again. I have been in servers where the hackers are the majority. The one or two people actually playing the game just keep getting owned over and over and finally leave. These server were all runing anticheat mods too, or I would never have connected in the first place. (please don't ask for specifics on the servers as I cannot remember the names or ips)

I don't mind getting owned, as long as its skillz the did it and not the other guys computer aiming for him or letting him see through walls or whatever other garbage they can come up with.

I like both games. I find Source to be more fun, but 1.6 involves more skill.

Heyyo,

CS1.6. Source is ok, buts are rediculous cpu hogs, and the hitboxes.. oh lordy how they blow.

try this people against bots even. Open the console and type:

sv_cheats 1
sv_showhitboxes 2

ok, the 2 can be any number you'd like. Note how the hitboxes run usually 3 inches ahead of the player model! so a cheap tactic some players do is strafe side to side whilst in combat.

One way to help remedy this is type this in the console:

cl_interp 0.0

this will make the playermodel have less synching time to the hitboxes thus making the hitboxes only run 1 inch ahead of the playermodel at the most. This shouldn't affect you guys too badly unless your pings are really high.

Ya wanna know something sad? look at the css updates, one says they fixed the hitboxes leading the player model... err... lol

Ok, for the unknowing I'll explain the netcode CSS uses and why hitboxes are soo important.

Now, first off the hitboxes. They are just basic 3d geometry that records if the player's been shot at which part of his body. Now, if CSS worked fine, it would always be ontop of the playermodel. BUT, the netcode for CSS is they update the location of the hitboxes and then have the actual playermodel fall behind a few mili-seconds to offer what would seem smooth movements. THIS is a horrible netcode model. Sure, the original source netcode blows too, but it's not this bad.

The HL1 netcode was leaps better than source.. valve had issues with source, I hope they can get it arranged someday..

CSS if you have a machine that can run it. I play CSS online at my house and 1.5 on LAN at my freinds house 'cause he has 4 low to midrange comps.

Once you start playing the game more competitively you notice alot of the finer aspects of how the game runs than if you just pub everyonce and a while or even frequently. The game just seems quite different. 'Least thats what happened to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom