Crysis/Warhead, is it worth getting and will I be able to play it smoothly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Firstly I want to ask is Warhead a continuation of Crysis, as in like Halo 1 and Halo 2, you kinda need to play the first to understand the plot sort of thing?

I assume the answer is yes to is it worth getting? I'm not big on multiplayer but I haven't bought an FPS for my PC before and even a good campaign would be worth it since they only cost like £8 now(well Crysis does).

Then here are my comps specs, you think I will be able to play it ok at my max resolution of 1680x1050?

Q6600 OC'd to 3Ghz

ATI HD4870 512mb

2x2GB DDr2 800mhz ram.(corsair XMS2)

I don't think you really need to based on the plot..

Crysis Warhead is just Crysis in the view of a different person (Psycho in this Warhead, Nomad in the original) and the missions are a bit different (a little bit more fun though)

I wouldn't worry about playing both though

I don't think you really need to based on the plot..

Crysis Warhead is just Crysis in the view of a different person (Psycho in this Warhead, Nomad in the original) and the missions are a bit different (a little bit more fun though)

I wouldn't worry about playing both though

Is it not interesting getting the story from different perspectives?

Anyway I've bid on some Crysis pack which had Crysis, Crysis warhead and Crysis wars(some multiplayer thing). It was lower then the individual games and I'm highest bidder atm on £11(like....$17?)

Ya, I didn't put much input on it since I didn't play it much (at a friends place) but I liked it a lot more than Crysis though (but at first I thought Crysis was good, until we got to the alien part though, then it got eh)

I recommend playing both since they're both good games but you should be fine playing warhead without playing the original. Theres a couple references but nothing important.

Settings you should be able to play on high settings. My cpu is what held me back (yours is a bit better) and I played with some custom settings that I think came out to being high with a few very high things and some medium (but the ones on medium made very little visual difference to me).

I prefer Warhead to the original.... But the original is still very fun.

PS: I got both Crysis and Crysis Warhead from work for around the eqiv of $20USD total.

ok thanks a lot guys. I didn't win that item because I forgot to raise my max bid above £15($22), it went for like $27 in the end.

I'll try it with everything on high settings and if it's stutters I'll lower some.

Which settings would you say are most likely to cause the slow down when their put on high or very high? Shadows, AA etc?

AA will have a big hit after 2x. Shadows has a decent hit but turning it up does improve the look a lot in the jungles. IIRC shaders has the biggest hit on performance and visuals.

inCrysis - Crysis Forums / C.U.D.A.A.T.S [CCC] v2.21 [+PICS & Benchmarks]
This is what I use with setting 3 or 4 and I custom set some settings in the txt file to reduce pop up (where trees and bushes pop up when you get closer). I prefer for draw distances to be far and lower other settings.
But on Warhead don't install the time of day mod because it won't work and mess up the game and I think the AI mod does to.

AA will have a big hit after 2x. Shadows has a decent hit but turning it up does improve the look a lot in the jungles. IIRC shaders has the biggest hit on performance and visuals.

inCrysis - Crysis Forums / C.U.D.A.A.T.S [CCC] v2.21 [+PICS & Benchmarks]
This is what I use with setting 3 or 4 and I custom set some settings in the txt file to reduce pop up (where trees and bushes pop up when you get closer). I prefer for draw distances to be far and lower other settings.
But on Warhead don't install the time of day mod because it won't work and mess up the game and I think the AI mod does to.

so what exactly does that do? Is it meant to be a mod which improves your framerate or something?

O BTW I got crysis for £5.55 including P+P and warhead for £11 including p+p

so roughly $22 including p+p for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom