Crysis Very High in DX9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks that really really good for comparing.

Np man !!! Glad to help.

I was gearing up for Vista until I saw that.

If you look really, really carefully at the last picture, on the rock in front of you the shading on the Vista version is *SLIGHTLY* more detailed... I had to look for at least 2 minutes to really notice the difference. And when you're running by a freaking rock you're not going to notice at all.

If you look really, really carefully at the last picture, on the rock in front of you the shading on the Vista version is *SLIGHTLY* more detailed... I had to look for at least 2 minutes to really notice the difference. And when you're running by a freaking rock you're not going to notice at all.

Ive noticed on other comparisons that there are a few more distant objects on vista, as well as more detailed shaders.

Ive noticed on other comparisons that there are a few more distant objects on vista, as well as more detailed shaders.

yup yup, more pop-ups with XP. What id really like to see is a comparison of it on lower settings between Vista and XP... Like, High, medium and Low, just to see if at low settings Dx10 did something special.

Im not sure if this is with Vista or XP... But it goes Very high, high, medium, low.

crysisvertkd2.jpg

i would rather go Vista, because i like the OS even though it has a learning curve. It is well worth it for the DX10 graphics. I mean, even though Vista has some problems here n there, well guess what, XP was the same so eventually Vista is gonna be more stable then XP n SP1 is right around the corner.

DX10 FTW!

And check this out
BioShock Image Quality: DX9 Vs. DX10
its a link comparing dx9 to dx10 in bioshock, basically saying that they couldnt really see a difference between 9 and 10 except for the fast dx9 played at 20 fps faster than dx10

I've played the game in dx 9 and 10 and there are differences,not major but the difference is there.

Some that ive noticed are the soft particles smoke, smoke is more realistic and is not squarish, and water looks more realistic when walking in it.

They are a couple more, but i cant remember since i havent played the game in a while after getting stuck.

The fps drop isnt worth it, but if you got a great rig then it shouldnt matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom