Crysis - too good

Status
Not open for further replies.
when in a game you actually kill a person and it IS a person...
Umm, no...see the thing is....no matter what, it's NOT a real person. It doesn't matter how real it looks, it's not real....simple as that. It's the stupid people out there who do crazy things and can't responsibility for their actions that screw crap up and then games get blamed.

They will keep getting more realistic. What's gonna happen is it's gonna get so advanced, all those people playing americas army will be playing the crazy new version of it that brainwashes you. After they pluck out the people that show exemplary skill, they'll put those kids on the battlefield. They'll think they are still in the game though. BAM!

That's how it's going down

I hope crysis has a **** load of gore in it, for a game this kick *** looking,it has to get the M rating. Sorry for the kids who can't play M rated games, but some people need good entertainment. If the game doesnt have blood and gore I won't buy it....

...not what government will think.
and you're basing that off what? You're extensive knowledge of the future AND governments actions towards games that don't exist yet?

I hope crysis has a **** load of gore in it, for a game this kick *** looking,it has to get the M rating. Sorry for the kids who can't play M rated games, but some people need good entertainment. If the game doesnt have blood and gore I won't buy it....
Doubt it, I'm sure it'll be similar to farcry. Bullet decals on them, but nothing more than a little spritz or so which is ridiculous.

They need to get an updated Ghoul engine in there for body parts to fly off.

Listen Nubius, I think maybe youre from Canada but here in the US senators have already tried to press legislation for reform on the game industry (Lieberman comes to mind), so I don't have to be psychic...though Edgar Cayce was my great great uncle, but whatever. And the more realistic games become, you can bet more invigorated the government inclination to get involved it is simple common sense, not prescience.

DefragMyHead said:
Listen Nubius, I think maybe youre from Canada but here in the US senators have already tried to press legislation for reform on the game industry (Lieberman comes to mind), so I don't have to be psychic...though Edgar Cayce was my great great uncle, but whatever. And the more realistic games become, you can bet more invigorated the government inclination to get involved it is simple common sense, not prescience.

He's from the US.

Doubt it, I'm sure it'll be similar to farcry. Bullet decals on them, but nothing more than a little spritz or so which is ridiculous.

They need to get an updated Ghoul engine in there for body parts to fly off.

The ghoul engine was used in SOF2, correct? If so, I friggin love that. That game was the most entertainment I've had in a game. I don't know why blowing some guys head off with a shot gun makes the game more fun, but it does for me.

DefragMyHead said:
I'm tempted to say "WHAT!?" too, because what he's saying ain't worded so proper. BUT, what I think he means is this: games are escapism and the graphics in games are patently not reality; clearly artistically created CGI, etc. I think he's worried that games will soon be photo-realistic. Which he thinks is a bad thing, and so do I. Not just from an artistic standpoint, but also from a moral one. I think the game industry will be facing this issue ever moreso than before, when in a game you actually kill a person and it IS a person...expect the government to be really concerned about this.

PHOTOREALISTIC! thats the word i was looking for.

what i was trying to say is that the game looks SOOOO near to photorealism that my mind is treating it as a photo, so it picks out all the things that are wrong with it that make it look a bit 'fake'.

also that comment about the pics in the OT section. The island from the air one is from so far away that u cant see any detail. just overlay a high res picture on a bit of bumpy terrain. the shed one looks alright, but if u look at pictures of it from closer up u will see problems with the corrugated iron, plus the grass looks like crap.

well for those who are sick and twisted and need the gore for entertainment -----GO GET SOME HELP--- i like a little bit a reality my self in games but, if they have to put heavy blood and violence and cussing in a game-- i wish they would put an option to be able to turn that off and on. I am an adult over 30 but i dont like all the stuff they put in games these days anyway I was joking about getting some help and all that seeeeeeee u.

Many of us strive for realism though, fact of the matter is if you get shot in the head it's not gonna just splatter a bit of blood over your face, there should be a big gaping whole, lots of guts, lots of blood, and lots of agonizing pain

Only game that I seem to remember taking some steps to increase gore in the past few years was HL2, and the only part of that I liked was the fact that you could slice up zombies with those circular saws and the gravity gun. Even then, as much as I like the ragdoll effect, if you're lying there and a grenade blows up beside a dead body, the body shouldn't just fly around, it should get burned, get stuff blown off etc.

So far for the most part all there is out there is a bit of blood splatter...oh yeah, in cs 1.5 I think they had the heads explode with blood when you got a headshot, sure the graphics sucked but at least it was realistic...stupid censorship

Basically all I'm saying is if you play FPS, you should expect to kill people and as a result you should expect to see the resulting damage inflicted to your victims...otherwise you might as well play a first person paintball game as that's all games are right now IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom