Crysis - too good

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
i had my first look at Crysis pics today (no i havent been living under a rock!) and ive gotta say that it looks good to the point that its a bad thing. im registering this as if they were real life pictures (which they nearly are) and finding flaws which leads me to the unconscious conclusion that its not really that good.

i think its the problem of when graphics were not so good, a lot was left to the immagination and i just filled in the gaps. now that it looks nearly like reality im actually complaining that it doesnt look EXACTLY like reality.

gonna be a ripper of a game tho! :D

yeah, the mostly pictures and movies out there are of the DX9 version and not the DX10.
Crysis will totaly rock, just hope that i will have a PhysX and a DX10 card by the time it comes out.

I've just bought the UK version of PC Zone and there is a preview of Crysis. Basically they said that it's Far Cry with the bad bits taken out (the trigens) and made to look and play a whole lot better. From the article and the pictures this looks like it's gonna be one h**l of a game. Apparantly (not in PC Zone) I heard that it will be compatible with Windows XP and DX9 but if you want all the graphical bells and whistles on then you're gonna have to upgrade to Vista as this is the only OS that can handle DX10. Personally I can't wait!!

I'm tempted to say "WHAT!?" too, because what he's saying ain't worded so proper. BUT, what I think he means is this: games are escapism and the graphics in games are patently not reality; clearly artistically created CGI, etc. I think he's worried that games will soon be photo-realistic. Which he thinks is a bad thing, and so do I. Not just from an artistic standpoint, but also from a moral one. I think the game industry will be facing this issue ever moreso than before, when in a game you actually kill a person and it IS a person...expect the government to be really concerned about this.

he's saying that he used to just fill in the bad graphics with imagination, but now that games are getting so (real) he complains that they aren't exactly real looking

DefragMyHead said:
I'm tempted to say "WHAT!?" too, because what he's saying ain't worded so proper. BUT, what I think he means is this: games are escapism and the graphics in games are patently not reality; clearly artistically created CGI, etc. I think he's worried that games will soon be photo-realistic. Which he thinks is a bad thing, and so do I. Not just from an artistic standpoint, but also from a moral one. I think the game industry will be facing this issue ever moreso than before, when in a game you actually kill a person and it IS a person...expect the government to be really concerned about this.

what do you mean soon to be photo-realistic..it already is. look at my thread at off topic section there is a thread of pictures comparing Crysis to real life. it should be on the second page of the off topic section now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom