Crysis Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've heard AA does little in the looks department and takes a big hit to the fps. IIRC the only things that really make the game look good are shaders, textures, and shadows. I would turn everything else down and see if that helps.

AA helps the leaves/grass thats about it.

Turning the res down and AA up us useless. It would just make it look worse.

And sorry dude but STE is right ^_^ My system can only run it maxed out at 1280x1024 and i've got more money than I feel like mentioning into it.

I can barely pull 33fps @ 1280x1024 on high. An 8600gts will not cut it, sorry. The 3200+ doesnt help either, especially if its underclocked like you said, which isnt neccesary if you apply new thermal and reseat the heatsink.

lowering the resolution would help. i have no idea why you would run 1600x1200 when the native resolution of that monitor should probably be 1680x1050. just mess around with the settings until you're happy, honestly though you're not going to get too far. you may be able to run medium shaders, low shadows, high textures, high effects reasonably though.

It will not cut the "juice".

Besides, the only thing that makes crysis so great is the graphics, and if you can't play it on at least medium with good FPS, then yoo might as well not play it at all.

^maxed out except for AAx4 right? because if you said u had AAx4 that would b bull

didnt say AA. most people pretend it doesnt exist.

All Very High DX10 1280x1024 no AA.

1280 isnt a very demanding resolution so I don't see why that wouldn't be believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom