Crysis Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglez

In Runtime
Ok, so i got crysis and i have a computer

My computer specs
3200+ AMD processor (1.75 underclocked 4 overheating)
1.5 GB RAM
1 x 8600 GTS graphics card

So i have gotten the game crysis and I need to know the best way to get the greatest graphics I can out of my little rig here.

I have a new 22 inch widescreen monitor and i have it set at 1640x1200

I have the graphics set at medium and it just doesnt look that great, COD4 looks way better. I watch videos of this game and it looks sick and it makes me want to play it, then i start playing it and i get ****ed off because of the graphics.

Now i know my system isnt the best, but i know it can look better and not a Counter Strike 1.6 like it seems like now

My brother also got a 8600 GTS and im wondering if I used SLI would it make it alot better looking? I also could get my processor to get to 2.0 GHz by getting a new power supply.

Would all this work or should I give up? This game looks amazing and I am a graphics fanatic. This is a game i could get into if i could make it look better.
Thanks

the 8600 series is underpowered to play crysis. Also, that processor is pretty weak. I would say that you are lucky to play on med settings at that resolution with that setup. Using SLi wouldnt really improve the graphical settings with that processor.

yeh man im really sorry but id be suprised to if u could run call of duty 4 at high with that rig sorry

Of course Crysis is going to look like crap.
Don't complain if you don't have the hardware to run it.

Also, COD4 looks better because it is less demanding.. (And for people who hate crysis they will just say its poorly coded or some crap)

And Counter Strike 1.6, are you serious? The graphic intensity of Counter Strike is nothing compared to COD4, MUCH less crysis...

Well, i dont appreciate the stuck up response above,
but sorry, i cant afford anything else. Maybe once i am able to get a job, but you really dont think SLI would improve it? Im not sure if its a dual core, and it was pretty good a year and a half ago when i bought it.

Thanks for the input guys, i appreciate it

Well, i dont appreciate the stuck up response above,
but sorry, i cant afford anything else. Maybe once i am able to get a job, but you really dont think SLI would improve it? Im not sure if its a dual core, and it was pretty good a year and a half ago when i bought it.

Thanks for the input guys, i appreciate it

Its not "stuck up", it is the truth.

Your hardware is low end, you should not expect much in crysis.

Far as I remember, sli doesn't really improve performence, you just need to invest into a 8800GTS 512 MB G92.

I mean this in the politest way possible: even a year and half ago the 3200+ was outdated..

as for the 8600GTS, don't believe what NVIDIA tells you on the box, the 8600GTS is a straight up POS, and DX10 is a load of BS.. for the same money (or even cheaper), you could've gotten an older, but much better performing X1950PRO, or even an HD3850/70, an 8800GT or even an 8800GTS G92 if you wanted to spend a little more.

Consult these here forums more often for good advice.

and Good luck sorting your system out. Crysis is a great game, but it's the bleeding edge in visuals, and so you'll need the bleeding edge in hardware to run it with maxed settings, and even then it'll not be 100% smooth.

Your best option if you get fed up with the lower graphics settings is to put it back in the box and save it until you get a new PC.

Sorry man.

Dude what kind of frames per second do you get? I'm pretty sure my card is comparable and I play on low except for shaders I keep on medium with only a 1200x900 resolution. Even then my fps isn't to great. I'm pretty sure my 1gb of ram is holding me back but still I would actually be impressed if your getting good fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom