Crysis a Scam??

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
Just putting my opinion out there but dont you guys think the crysis is like a scam for everyone to buy new parts i mean come on the freaking system requirements are way overboard i mean recommonded video card is a 8800gts wtf?There just trying make people to buy new computer parts the hype of the game is way overboard i played the game and i honestly gotta say its an alright game but its not a game that i would vote as best winners imo i rather play 2142.

same here...i wasnt too impressed by the demo, i actually expected way more.
Im liking cod 4 A LOT right now.

I too expected way more. I mean, there are small details that I really hate, like not being able to disarm an enemy when you've tranquilized him or once you've grabbed him, and I don't understand why they die when you throw them in water...

The graphics are just not worth the performance headache either. CoD4 might not have as complex a graphics system, but it's a lot more immersive than Crysis is. And I think any game under Unreal graphics looks A LOT better, even if it is a little cartoony, like GoW, BioShock and UT3, it just runs a lot better on most systems too.

I'm sure their partnership with Intel and Nvidia has something to do with hyping the game up so much and getting people to buy into new hardware. Quite frankly, I've been wanting to get a super Quad system and plunking down a load of cash, but I just don't care anymore, and considering that UT3, Bioshock and CoD4 played fine on my X1950GT/E2160 (but it definitley can't play Crysis! Crysis is too good for my system! Even if it looks like crap!), my next build might be just as modest.

I mean, it's still a good game, I like the tactical side of it, and the rendering of foliage is quite nice and all, but that can only take a game so far.

Yea they partnered with intel and nvidia to get the hype up so intel and nvidia would make profit from the game with everyone getting new CPUS and GPUS they must of made alot anyway i like BF2142 more but hows CoD4 i havent gotten it yet wanted to know the feedback on the game.

cod 4 is simple and easy.
crysis is the only game im having problems with, compatibility wise. Every other game i get amazing fps. I switched to vista mainly for crysis and now i realise that it was a waste.
Im so tempting to go back to xp, it will be my 3rd time going back to xp and if i do, i doubt ill ever go back to vista.

Love COD4 and my system can ace those graphics no problem - without having to OC the GPU mind you. Then I play the Crysis demo - I don't know but my first impression is no. Revolutionary? I fail to see it. Maybe the story is awesome but I doubt it'll beat Bioshock's story. Alot of things in Crysis just struck me as unneccessary. I mean, I play games for the immersion and fun factor. Having to get all worked up cuz my 1300 dollar system can barely handle it, kills that fun. Crysis renders a ton of crap so you can look through bonocs' and see stuff from a couple miles away. That's a sell point right? But c'mon. I don't think that it's actually adding to the enjoyment of the game. I say big freakin' deal. They want you to be able to have a non-linear experience? There's alot of ways to go about it without making you have buyer's remorse from all the dough you shell out.

Well now I'm just ranting on about it but sue me for being a touch resentful. What's really sad is that I'm going to buy the game anyway just to have a 100% informed view on it vs. the one above which is, I admit, soley based on a demo.

reminds me of a Vista. everyone was like "wow omg i cant wait", given lots of marketing and spin, then just flops into the cliche bin. the only new thing i see is being able to swim across a bay so you dont have to fight 5 enemy encounters. theres no rambo element to the game unless you play easy, because most of the time u just get wasted. the depth of field thing wa used in COD4. vegetation is destroyable, but thats hardly something to get a ***** about.

I got COD4 and its fun but im very disappointed with the graphics, its a bit too much like COD2 for me, i would rather play GRAW2 if i want modern warfare. Crysis seems ok, but still a bit messy with almost every aspect of it. I really cant wait untill Farcry 2 comes out, it is by far the most emersive game ever with the best graphics you will ever see, the demo trailer was the best gameplay footage of a half finished game ive ever seen i can tell you that. You guys should be looking forward for farcry 2 instead of crysis, crysis is like a futuristic over rated crappy intermission between farcry and farcry 2 even though crysis is EA and farcry is Ubisoft, and COD4 is just clouding Crysis anyway so why bother talking bout the appetizer (crysis) and wait for the main meal (farcry 2).

Ok, to the starter of this thread - please please please please learn to use commas and somewhat correct grammar. :)

Anyway, I've played both the Crysis demo and COD 4 - and I must say I was impressed with both.

Obviously, a demo of a game is not going to show all of its main key selling points - those will come out in the full version. I spent $1200 on my PC and I can only play on Med. settings - not cool. I want to upgrade, but it just hurts to get rid of my parts like that.

On the other hand, COD4 was awesome. The single player was, well.. short. Too short. But the graphics and gameplay were simply astounding. The physics, renders of weapons, and just the little details made it all worthwhile. Plus, I could play it just about maxed out on the highest res.

As of now, until some of the hardware catches up to Crysis, my vote is COD4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom