Crysis sandbox editor won't install in windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
I am running windows 7 rtm 64bit and the crysis sandbox editor will not install. It says that it doesn't have permission to write the files then basically quits. Is there any way to get it to install?

Try disabling UAC while you are installing Sandbox.

To disable UAC go to Start->Control Panel->User Accounts (using icon view)->Change User Account Control Settings.

Right click the installer and choose to run as administrator. Could also try to run it in compatibility mode for Vista or XP.

I am running windows 7 rtm 64bit and the crysis sandbox editor will not install. It says that it doesn't have permission to write the files then basically quits. Is there any way to get it to install?

Make sure you have full security rights for the drive you're on, and in particular the folder it is trying to install to.

Make sure you have ownership of the drive too.

I have tried all those things and no luck. I have tried taking full control of the crysis folder and then tried installing it with no luck. The permission settings on the folder do no stick they just go back to what they were before with everything unchecked.

I tried doing the troubleshoot compatibility thing a whole bunch of different ways with the same result. Windows 7 doesn't let me pick the settings I want with regards to compatibility it just says its trying it this way then if it still doesn't work its going to try it this other way etc.

Does anyone have the sandbox editor working in windows 7 rtm 64bit?

I have tried all those things and no luck. I have tried taking full control of the crysis folder and then tried installing it with no luck. The permission settings on the folder do no stick they just go back to what they were before with everything unchecked.

I tried doing the troubleshoot compatibility thing a whole bunch of different ways with the same result. Windows 7 doesn't let me pick the settings I want with regards to compatibility it just says its trying it this way then if it still doesn't work its going to try it this other way etc.

Does anyone have the sandbox editor working in windows 7 rtm 64bit?

Well that is no good. It means it's root folder also does not have permissions. Make sure every folder has full read/write/modify permissions for the System, admin, user etc. Make sure you the administrator definitely own the hard drive.

fixed. turns out i was only giving the creator full control and not "all users"

To get the compatibility mode that you want, right click the file > properties > Compatibility tab > check "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then select an OS.

I have another problem this time with the sandbox editor

I started a new map and everything is all hazy and foggy and water is invisible. It looks like this

crysissandbox.jpg

By mikee286 at 2009-08-24

The big crater you see is full of water and when I test play the map so far he actually swims through it but the water remains invisible. How do I clear this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom