Crysis sales in crisis; UT3 gets fragged too

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ indeed. you don't 'need' very high settings (although I enjoy them) and you definitely dont need 60-100 fps in crysis. 30 is great. I think people are just so used to seeing/needing super high fps they cant swallow the thought of a new graphically intense game only needing around 30 to run great. That's just speculation on my part but I myself was shocked lol so... yeah.

I can say that there's a lot of people out there who upgraded rigs just for crysis lmao so if that was one of the goals i'd say it was a success. I don't have a lot of disposable income at all, but I know how to budget and save money. Put away 50$ a pay and in 2 months you got 400$ for not much of a loss weekly. Sure it takes a while to upgrade but it's worth it. I just put the money away anyway, wether I have something in mind I want to buy or not. That way when something does come out I've already got a jump on it ^^

Of course that only really works if you work fulltime and aren't buried under mroe debt than you can make payments on. lol

well isn't half of crysis an advertisement for nvidia's high end gfx cards? and also ut3 will have tons of sales over the holidays.

that also goes with crysis, im sure crysis sales, as will ut3 sales, will go up about 50% once january is all said and done with, due to people buying it for christmas and getting money and buying it.

also thier both like 50 bucks which is a bit much in my opinion. i mean i spend like 500 bucks on upgrades just so i can play the **** games, i don't wanna shell out a fifth of that just so i can play 2 ****ing games.

I will have my system built before Christmas, but ON Christmas I always end up with BestBuy cards... SO thats when i'll pick up Crysis.

^^ indeed. you don't 'need' very high settings (although I enjoy them) and you definitely dont need 60-100 fps in crysis. 30 is great. I think people are just so used to seeing/needing super high fps they cant swallow the thought of a new graphically intense game only needing around 30 to run great. That's just speculation on my part but I myself was shocked lol so... yeah.

I can say that there's a lot of people out there who upgraded rigs just for crysis lmao so if that was one of the goals i'd say it was a success. I don't have a lot of disposable income at all, but I know how to budget and save money. Put away 50$ a pay and in 2 months you got 400$ for not much of a loss weekly. Sure it takes a while to upgrade but it's worth it. I just put the money away anyway, wether I have something in mind I want to buy or not. That way when something does come out I've already got a jump on it ^^

Of course that only really works if you work fulltime and aren't buried under mroe debt than you can make payments on. lol

60 fps is very noticable then 30 fps n a lot of gamers care about high fps. Like i said before, consumers were not prepared for Crysis. This happened with Doom 3 i remember.

I will have my system built before Christmas, but ON Christmas I always end up with BestBuy cards... SO thats when i'll pick up Crysis.

i found out that the CPU i want, the 5000+ black edition, is out of stock on newegg, so i may have to get it somewhere else. I am so mad, im doing a complete upgrade this Christmas n i dont think it will happen if newegg doesnt get the 5000+ black edition in time. I could try amazon........

i found out that the CPU i want, the 5000+ black edition, is out of stock on newegg, so i may have to get it somewhere else. I am so mad, im doing a complete upgrade this Christmas n i dont think it will happen if newegg doesnt get the 5000+ black edition in time. I could try amazon........

Half the things I ordered in my signature sold out and have been restocked since I purchased them (Restocked at a higher price, it was a special xmas sale) Except the graphics card of course.

Im sure it'll turn up.

Newegg says they have them tho Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor - Retail

Yes 60 fps is more noticable than 30 fps. I'm just sayign in crysis in particular you probablly wont notice it as much. seeign as at 30-35 the motion is completely and utterly fluid. You cant get much more smooth than smooth. unless you want to play it on fast forward.

I do feel that a lot of people are not picking up Crysis just purely for the reason that it's just going to die on their computer system.

Mind you, this is going to have the following effect. In the short term, this will mean that people will be putting high end video cards under the christmas tree. However in the long term, this will mean that other developpers will be following suit that higher specs are the way to for there games.

I remember this happening with Unreal.
I remember this happening with Doom III

A quick search on just one torrent search engine shows that even a month after its release, there are currently over 12,000 leechers for Crysis, and a whopping 33,000 leechers for UT3. And this is not an aggregate figure, it's just a point-in-time snapshot from a single torrent search engine, and doesn't include FTP, IRC, Usenet and private sites.

Based on this quick research, there are 34k sales of UT, and 33 people dl'ing now on 1 site a month later. I wouldn't be surprised if 3 times more people DL it than buy it.

COD4 has been out a while, currently on just 1 site has 110,000 leechers.

This 30 second search on 1 website makes it pretty clear whats going on.

This will more or less kill pc gaming, or cause new copy protection systems like steam to be mandatory for all upcoming games.

Soon PC games will be a thing of the past. People just don't like buying new hardware to run these games. People will spend 300 -500 dollars every few years on a new console to run the new games. They are not going to spend 2,000 - 3,000 on a computer every 4 or 5 years. Look in the game stores now. It's 95% console. It just seems to be getting worst every year. Soon all we'll be able to play is online games or console. I don't know who to blame; Bill Gates I guess. He's to blame for everything that goes wrong in the PC world isn't he? **** it why couldn't I have been born his son!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom