Crysis sales in crisis; UT3 gets fragged too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Crysis sales in crisis; UT3 gets fragged too - Joystiq

Crysis came out November 13th, for the other stores on the 16th.

86,633 units have been sold, ouch!

UT3 came out November 16th for PC.

33,995 units have been sold, holy crap!

all i have to say is that the reason the sales r not that good is because of how much resource is required to run the games; Not even an 8800 Ultra can run Crysis on very high settings, AA, n maintain a 60 fps, but a fairly 30-40 fps.

most of the consumers dont have the high-end hardware to run Crysis n the game demands so much out of a computer to run it, my god!

well isn't half of crysis an advertisement for nvidia's high end gfx cards? and also ut3 will have tons of sales over the holidays.

that also goes with crysis, im sure crysis sales, as will ut3 sales, will go up about 50% once january is all said and done with, due to people buying it for christmas and getting money and buying it.

also thier both like 50 bucks which is a bit much in my opinion. i mean i spend like 500 bucks on upgrades just so i can play the **** games, i don't wanna shell out a fifth of that just so i can play 2 ****ing games.

UT3 is hardly demanding! In fact, it runs great on older systems! I think the average joe is just not aware of the series. I remember a friend of mine seeing it in store and thinking it was a PC-ripoff of Gears of War...

UT3 is hardly demanding! In fact, it runs great on older systems! I think the average joe is just not aware of the series. I remember a friend of mine seeing it in store and thinking it was a PC-ripoff of Gears of War...

he probably didnt know it's from the same creators *coughMidwaycough*. It's the same graphics engine too.

Maybe in the case of Crysis, this is one time that the consumer has out smarted the developer, for a change.

I mean, during developement of crysis,they said that the game would look better,years from now once the hardware caught up to the advanced technology in graphics and physics and stuff. Anyone else remember this??

All everyone heard was how realistic and pretty this game would be.....well....I guess everyone did not run out and fall for the whole DX10 and I need new hardware thing, so they could play this game.

It seems everyone wants to play games at max, and since that would cost an arm and two legs for this game......whats the use of buying the software now??

At sometime, when people do an upgrade , then they may pick up the game....and by then, the game will be around $20 or so....just sounds like the smart thing to do, if you ask me.

Chalk one up for the consumer. At least everyone did not have to have the latest and greatest to play this "Pretty & Realstic" looking game.

This is not all that surprising if you ask me.

The commercial awareness UT3 Got was horrible. Not many people knew about it and sure as **** weren't hyped. I was hyped though because epic has made a great series of ut games. Aside from the hardware not being fast enought im sure if there was better advertising UT3 would have sold better.

well isn't half of crysis an advertisement for nvidia's high end gfx cards?

I never understood that; in general people aren't going to upgrade their entire system for a single game.

So why advertise that this game won't run superbly on anything less then a $1k rig (random number)? It's just shooting yourself in the foot.

Maybe in the case of Crysis, this is one time that the consumer has out smarted the developer, for a change.

I mean, during developement of crysis,they said that the game would look better,years from now once the hardware caught up to the advanced technology in graphics and physics and stuff. Anyone else remember this??

All everyone heard was how realistic and pretty this game would be.....well....I guess everyone did not run out and fall for the whole DX10 and I need new hardware thing, so they could play this game.

It seems everyone wants to play games at max, and since that would cost an arm and two legs for this game......whats the use of buying the software now??

At sometime, when people do an upgrade , then they may pick up the game....and by then, the game will be around $20 or so....just sounds like the smart thing to do, if you ask me.

Chalk one up for the consumer. At least everyone did not have to have the latest and greatest to play this "Pretty & Realstic" looking game.

This is not all that surprising if you ask me.

well it does come to show that we, the consumers, were not prepared for a game like Crysis n i can expect future titles doing the same: hardware upgrade. We do this all time n it looks like Crossfire n SLI can finally be put to use instead of ppl saying, "CrossfireX n Tri-SLI is a dumb idea," when it can actually be put to good use.

Well the target market was severely narrowed first due to limited install base. It wasn't really that "Consumers out-smarted the developers". When did we all start attending meetings to hatch such a dastardly plan? lol. The second factor was then a result of the first and that was people asking themselves if they had disposable income to update the rigs (which if you were outdated by 5 years like mine, was necessary anyway). Not a lot of 15-25 year old males have that kind of disposable income just lying around and a smaller percentage of those have parents with disposable income lying around. This was just poor planning if their goal was for high volume sales and revenue. However, if the real goal was to just get the market to upgrade more, then that's hard to guage the number of new PC sales/parts linked to one software title. So who's to know.

i dont see what all the big deal is. i can run Crysis at high settings at 1680 x1050 with no lag, and i can do the same with UT3. all on my 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom