Crysis Requirement Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonyx07

Solid State Member
Hi everyone
Im getting a new computer in a couple weeks and i really want to run crysis
would this be able to run it good and if it can what graphic quality would it run best on

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
OPERATING SYSTEM: Genuine Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium Edition
MEMORY: 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs
HARD DRIVE: 500GB - Seagate 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
GRAPHICS CARD: 256MB Radeonâ„¢ ATI HD 2600 XT
OPTICAL DRIVE: Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
MONITOR: Acer 19" LCD

THX :)

Maybe medium? The graphics card is going to be a huge bottle neck. You'll want something at least equivalent to the geforce 8800 series to get a shot at running at at high. Not sure what the ati equivalent is.

The ATI equivalent is suppose to be the HD3870.

At least you're playing on a 19", which is an easier time playing games at higher settings than 20+, so you wouldn't need an uber powerful graphic card. An 8880GTS 512 or 8800GT 512 will do you good.

From what I can see, 1024x768 and medium settings should produce no lag. Is this a prebuilt PC? Why the powerful proc and 2 gigs of ram but only a mid range video card?

well i could get the ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4 instead of the one im originally getting but it would cost an extra 150$. it would be worth it and i would probably be able to run crysis at high if i had it but im not the one paying for the computer so I cant get it

Then you should save up. Especially if you're looking to play games like that, an upgrade to the graphic card is definitely worth it.

well i cant get that one cuz im ordering this comp and there is only 3 cards i can choose from so I guess ill use the HD2600 XT while playing crysis on medium Quality and then later on ill buy a better graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom